USTVNow is a video streaming platform that offers American TV programming to its users. The site is aimed at American ex-pats and servicemen overseas. They do not enforce any nationality check, so everyone can use their services.
The rise of streaming platforms has made it easier for people to catch their favorite shows. USTVNow lets to access and enjoy good old American TV. Let the good people of Cellular News walk you through downloading and installing the USTVNow APK.
But First, A Disclaimer
The staff of Cellular News do not promote or condone piracy. Stream your TV shows from legitimate sources. Stream from websites at your own risk, guys. Keep it legal!
If you want to subscribe to a legitimate streaming service, click this link right here to subscribe right now!
What Is USTVNow?
USTVNow lets users anywhere in the world stream and watch tv shows from the US. The service works on a freemium model. This means that the basic service is free. If a user wants more channels, then they have the option to pay for access.
They have three user tiers. Free users have access to American TV channels ABC, CW, CBS, PBS and My Network TV. The Basic Plan goes for $19.00 and nets you 18 more channels beside the basic 5, while the Basic Plan + DVR adds a DVR to the mix and costs $29.00.
USTVNow also offers a Best Movies plan, which, at $2.99 is a steal, giving you access to over 900 movies on their platform.
USTVNow works on multiple platforms, including computers, Android devices, and Roku. You can also use a Kodi Box to stream to other devices such as the Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and Chromecast.
Installing And Using The USTVNow App
The USTVNow app works across multiple platforms. Here’s a quick guide to downloading and installing the USTNow APK on different devices.
Installing the USTVNow APK is easy. Before you get started, download the APK here. Are you done? Good. Now let’s get cracking!
- Go to your Android settings.
- Navigate to your Android’s security settings and set the option to install apps from unknown sources to Allow.
- Bring up your downloads and tap on the downloaded APK and tap install.
Now that you’ve got the USTVNow app installed, go get the MX Player from the Google Playstore. This allows you to play videos from the app. Happy viewing!
You can access USTVNow’s content directly via their website. You’ll just need to sign up and log in. In rare cases where you are unable to open their website, you can instead use the app. Here’s how:
- Download and install an Android Emulator. This will allow you to download, install, and run Android apps on your PC.
- Run your emulator and download the USTVNow APK.
- Browse to the APK using your emulator of choice and install it.
USTVNow has an add-on exclusive to the Kodi Box, called the USTVNow Plus. Here’s how to get this installed on your Kodi:
- Fire up your Kodi and go to System->File Manager
- Select Add Source, then choose None. next up, type this address: http://fusion.tvaddons.co and click Done.
- Enter your media source. Type infusion and click ok.
- Back on your Home screen, select System->Add-Ons, then install the USTVNow Plus app from the zip file.
- Next, select fusion -> kodi-repos -> English -> repository.xbmchub-x.x.x.zip.
- After enabling the add-on, install it from the repository.
- Then, Select TVADDONS.ag Addon Repository -> Video add-ons. Go and select USTVnow Plus.
- Click on Install.
The Roku player lets you stream USTVNow content to your TV. Here’s how to get the app installed on your Roku player. Please make sure you are connected to the internet while doing these steps:
- Make sure your Roku is connected to your TV and the internet.
- The app isn’t listed on the Roku Channel Store. You will need to add it to Roku as a private channel.
- On your computer, open your web browser and go to “https://owner.roku.com/add/ustvnow”. Then enter “ustvnow” as your linking code and click “add channel”.
- Back to your Roku player! Refresh your player’s channels. USTVNOW should appear in the channels list. Select it, press Okay, then press Continue.
- On your computer, go to “http://www.ustvnow.com/roku”. A code will be displayed on the screen. Type the code in, and add your login details, then press enter.
- On your Roku, select Continue, then click on Okay. You’re all done!
Dear iPhone and iPad users, we’re sorry. USTVNow does not have a dedicated iOS app yet. The good news is, You can still get your American TV programming. Just log in to the USTVNow website and watch your shows from there.
USTVNow caters to an American market. You can expect US TV shows and channels to be the focus of their streaming platform. Here is a quick list of all channels available on their free and premium memberships.
- My Network TV
- Animal Planet
- BBC America
- The Discovery Channel
- Fox News
- Free Form
- Mav TV
- The National Geographic Channel
- Sundance TV
- The USA Network
- The Weather Channel
Both the app and the website have very basic, dated looking UIs. While the user experience is painless, there aren’t enough features one would expect from a streaming platform.
Video playback is good, and the audio is nice as well. Bandwidth will affect your audio and video quality, so be prepared to switch to lower video quality on slower connections. Don’t despair when streaming on low quality. The images are still clear and don’t get too blurry.
Having access to their movie library is nice, and at only $2.99, is a pretty good deal.
The recording feature is good, but you need to have a DVR to take full advantage. The TV Guide feature lets you know what is on the tube at any given time, but it is rather bare-bones as of the moment.
There you have it, folks, a guide on downloading and installing the USTVNow app. Have fun surfing the tube and enjoy your TV Watching!.