Instagram started as a check-in mobile app. It was created by Kevin Sistrom and Mike Krieger in San Francisco. It was originally called “Burbn” and very similar to Foursquare. Since Foursquare was already widely-used, the creators, Sistrom and Krieger reinvented it as a photo-sharing app. But it still had a location feature. After some time, they renamed the app into “Instagram” which was a combination of the words “instant camera” and “telegram.” Instagram is available on Android, Apple, and Windows devices.
The best part about Instagram is that the contents or materials uploaded by users can be shared with all their followers or just a selected number of friends. Minor editing on photos and videos like cropping and rotating are also very easy to do on the app itself. That aside, you can also create Instagram filters. Users of the app can comment, view, and “like” posts shared by the people they’re following. The social media platform was acquired by Facebook back in 2012, making sharing photos much easier with users that have accounts on both platforms.
Approximately, 2 years ago, users of Instagram could only upload photos and videos. Nowadays, there’s a feature called “stories.” Instagram Stories is very similar to Snapchat. You can upload photos or short videos and add stickers and texts to it. The uploaded content can be seen for only 24 hours. After one day, your story can only be viewed in your archives. The most recent addition to Instagram is adding links. You can learn more on adding links to your Instagram stories here. You can also add your stories to the “Highlights” on your profile. Doing so will make your story available to be viewed by your followers. But you cannot anymore see the viewers.
The most recent feature on the app is Instagram television (IGTV) which allows you to upload longer videos. IGTV can be made available to your followers all the time. You can upload a whole short film or a long clip of an event through IGTV and let your followers watch the entire video.
Instagram for Influencers
Many people have been using Instagram as an alternative to Facebook. This is because Instagram doesn’t need to have all your information available to the public. As long as you carefully choose which videos and photos you upload, all your other private information are kept safe. This photo-sharing platform is one of the most-used social media platforms for artists, influencers, and the like. This is because of how easy it is to use and reach out to other users. Hashtags are a great way to “tag” your posts so that other people can find your material easily.
The “Explore” feature of the app can display popular photos, videos, and locations nearby for other users to view. But this also depends if the media content is set to public. The video length for Instagram videos is anywhere between 3 to 60 seconds. In that short amount of time, you can already put out short advertisements.
Creating an Instagram Account
Creating an Instagram account is also very easy! Just be at least 13 years of age and have an active email address. If you have a Facebook account, you can also choose to create an account through it. Then, you can pick a unique username and you’re good to go! You can already sart uploading photos and videos. You can curate your content and have a theme to make your profile more aesthetically-pleasing. Here’s a guide on how to use Insagram app for new users.
Safety for Instagram Users
While Instagram is a fun way to share your photos and videos with other users, there are definitely some risks to it. There is a possibility that if someone is stalking your through the app, your safety can be compromised. We recommend that if you don’t want just anybody to see your posts and Stories, that you keep your profile private. This allows you to only have your media shown to the people that you allow to follow you.
Having a private profile also gives you the option to “accept” new followers, so that not everyone can just follow you instantly or view your content easily. We recommend that you also don’t share your location in real time. Meaning, if you are at a venue and you plan on tagging the location, don’t post immediately so that potential stalkers won’t have the chance to catch you. Always keep in mind that whatever you post online might be a way for other people to use them against you.
What Are Instagram Downloaders?
Sometimes, you just want to save photos and videos of other users on Instagram. It can be a selfie or video of your favorite artist, or just really anything interesting to you. Or maybe, the auto-save feature was turned off, so you weren’t able to. Unfortunately, Instagram’s “Bookmark” feature can only allow you to view your “bookmarked photos” on the app. The platform has yet to allow saving content directly on your phone.
Taking a screenshot of an image is probably the easiest way to save a photo from Instagram. But this will take a toll on the image’s quality. There are third-party apps that can help you save content from Instagram without having to sacrifice the quality. What it does is that it downloads the media file. This ensures good quality. Screenshots and screen recorders cannot give that same quality.
In this article, we’ll be giving you our top picks for the best Instagram downloaders so you can finally save content from Instagram quickly and easily.
Best Instagram Downloaders for iOS and Android
In this section, we’ve hand-picked the best Instagram downloaders for iOS and Android mobile users. All apps that we’ve featured work well with the most-used mobile devices so that you can save photos and videos directly on your phone.
Regrammer is one of the most popular photo and video downloaders for Instagram. You can use it to repost photos and videos of any user on Instagram. All you need to do is copy the link of the post on the Regrammer app and view it there. From there on, you can easily repost it to your Instagram feed. It’s one of the fastest and easiest ways to share content from other users. The good thing with Regrammer is that signing in is not required which makes it very easy to use.
You won’t get any “Regrammer” remarks on photos and videos either. And lastly, you can even download and repost Instagram TV (IGTV). Here’s how to download photos and videos from Instagram using Regrammer.
- Go to Instagram app and get the link of the post containing the video or photo you want to download. You can do it by tapping the three-dot button at the upper-left corner of the post, then “Copy Link”. A pop up message should indicate that the link was copied to your clipboard.
- Launch Regrammer and the link should be automatically copied to the app. If not, you can manually paste it on the text box.
- Tap on Preview and wait for the video or photo itself to appear then tap on the share button. There are several options to do from here; select “download video” or “download photo” to save content on your device.
Another popular Instagram downloader is FastSave. You don’t always have to be online to view your favorite content from other users. Just like Regrammer, you don’t need to worry about any pesky watermarks that can ruin the photo or video’s quality. The best part of FastSave is that there is no limit on how many photos and videos you can download. You can download as much content as you want as long as your Smartphone’s memory has ample space.
At the top-most bar on the main screen of the app, you can view quick-saved stories. By long-pressing a saved photo, you can get details of users. And you can even hide your saved photos on the app with its “Secret Locker” feature. But, how do you use the app to download content from Instagram?
- Launch FastSave on your mobile phone and enable FastSave Service by tapping the toggle switch.
- From the homepage of FastSave, tap on the button that says “Open Instagram”. Your Instagram feed should then appear.
- Copy the link of the content you want to save. Similar to Regrammer, you can do it by tapping the three-dot button at the upper-left corner of a post. FastSave will automatically save the content you chose.
Sometimes, you also want to be able to copy captions and hashtags on your favorite content on Instagram, aside from just the photos and videos. The Saver Reposter is the a great Instagram downloader app that can do all of this with ease.
Saver Poster allows you to move between the app and Instagram in one click. You can also download content even if you run the app in the background. Here how to do it:
- Open Instagram app using your mobile phone and copy the link of the content you want to save.
- Switch to Saver Reposter and paste the link inside the text box. If you are downloading image, tap “Save image”. If you are downloading a video tap “Save video”.
- Wait for the download to complete. All your the videos and photos you save will be available within the app under the “Dowloads” tab.
Video Downloader for Instagram by InShot
Another top Instagram downloader app for videos and IGTV content on your phone. You can copy tags on Instagram posts as well. This app is free! You can quickly download videos in just one click. Video Downloader is probably the most versatile Instagram media downloader. It easily downloads and saves photos and videos, copy tags, and shares your downloaded content. Here’s how you can download Instagram photos and videos using this app.
- Launch Instagram on your device then share a video or photo to Video Downloader for Instagram by InShot. To do this, tap the three-dot-button on a post then select “Share To”.
- You will be redirected to Video Downloader for Instagram by InShot. Just wait for the download to complete. You can access the photos and videos you have downloaded on the app itself.
Regrann is an Instagram downloader that’s fast and easy to use. You can use it directly on the Instagram app. This app is free and you can repost photos and videos without having to close the Instagram app. You can also choose whether to add watermarks or on your saved photos and videos. Lastly, the best part of Regrann is that you can also add custom signatures to the media that you have downloaded. Here a step-by-step guide how to download photos and videos on Instagram using Regrann.
- Once you you have installed Regrann to your device, go to the Instagram app and find the content you want to download.
- Click on “Copy Link” and Regrann will automatically launch. There are few selections from here; you can repost, share, and save.
- Tap on the icon that looks like an SD card to download the Instagram photos and videos you want.
Every other Instagram downloader app we’ve mentioned are very similar in terms of features. But the thing that makes Quick Save stand out is that it lets you edit images and videos. You can choose from a variety of filters and editing tools that it has. You can do more with Quick Save because of its added grid styling and photo-split features. The user interface of the app is very stylish, too! Downloading Instagram photos and videos using Quick Save is pretty straightforward. Here’s how.
- Launch Quick Save on your devices. It will show your Instagram feed in grid styling like how it looks on the actual Instagram app.
- Tap on the item you want to download. It can be a bit annoying, but there will be adds before the app prompts you with several actions.
- From the list of options, select “Save” to download a video or a photo to your gallery.
InstaGet is an Instagram downloader you can use directly on the Instagram app. It’s one of the easiest and straight-forward downloader apps out there. It also lets you copy hashtags as an added feature. Here’s how to use InstaGet for downloading Instagram content.
- Launch Instagram on your device and copy the link of the content you want save.
- Proceed to InstaGet right after. The app automatically recognizes and downloads the link you copied, so there’s literally nothing for you to do but wait for the download to complete.
- Go to your camera role and the video or photo you recently save must be on top of the list.
What are the Risks in Using Instagram Downloaders?
By having access to downloading content on Instagram, there is a tendency to plagiarize posts. We highly encourage that if you will be reposting any material from another user, that you ask their permission first. If not, the next best thing you can do is at least credit the original owner of the photo or video on the caption. You can get into a lot of trouble with the law if you claim ownership of content that’s not actually yours. What’s more is that, you may get yourself into other worse issues if you don’t give proper credit to the creator or original poster. So please always give credit and never claim someone else’s material or work to be yours.
We recommend this article for people who want to save Instagram media for their use. We do not recommend reposting others’ content as your own. However, as long as you have permission or give proper credits to the owner, then our recommended apps are great for you to use.
We’ve wrapped up our top picks for the best Instagram Downloaders of 2020. We hope this article helps you in finding which app is the best for you to save and repost favorite Instagram photos and videos. While there are loads of other Instagram downloaders online, these are the best you can get.