Where does a wireless car charger become useful? Imagine that you’re on the road driving your car. Then suddenly, your phone is running low on battery. You pull out your phone’s charger cord and attach it to any outlet in your car or to your portable charger. But then, you realize that the charger cord is a hassle and is distracting you from driving. This is where a wireless car charger becomes useful.
Wireless car chargers make phone charging in your car easier. You can easily charge your phone by simply placing it on a wireless car charger mount. It also lessens driving distractions. There are no cords to worry about and mounts allow you to have easy access to your phone.
There are many wireless car chargers in the market. These chargers fit a wide variety of phones, car interiors, and customer needs. Here are the 15 best wireless car chargers to get in 2020.
15 Best Wireless Car Chargers in 2020
1. Anker PowerWave Car Charger
Anker’s PowerWave Car Charger is a wireless charging car mount that fits on your car’s air vents. The mount uses PowerWave that allows for high-speed wireless phone charging. It is compatible with most wireless charging capable phones. It is also compatible even with phones with thick cases. You can adjust the phone to any angle by rotating its mount arm. Purchase this wireless charger now and charge your phone without having to spend on cables.
- Mounted on most car air vents
- PowerWave technology
- 5W, 7.5W and 10W charging modes compatible with iPhones, Samsung phones and other Qi devices
- Transmits charging power through up to 5mm-thick phone cases
- Mount arm rotates up to 360 degrees
- Temperature control, foreign object detection and radiation shielding
2. iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Charger
iOttie’s Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Charger allows for easy wireless phone charging. The mount has an Easy One Touch feature that makes mounting phones easy using one hand. The mount is also designed to allow most phones to be compatible with wireless charging. Get this wireless charger now and experience hassle-free charging today!
- Available as a vent, dashboard or CD slot mount
- Easy phone mounting with Easy One Touch’s quick open and close operation using only one hand
- Mount foot allows for easy phone alignment with charging receiver
- Qi coil’s location on the mount makes it compatible with most phones
- Mount rotates up to 360 degrees
- Can hold phone and case combinations from 2.3 up to 3.5 inches
3. iOttie iTap 2 Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Mount
The iOttie iTap 2 Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Mount features a set of strong magnets. You use these magnets to hold your phone during wireless charging. You tap the phone into the mount which is being held in place by a system of strong magnetic metal plates. It features a placement guide and a protective film. These are for the safe mounting of phones for wireless charging. It also offers fast wireless charging for Qi-compatible devices. Get this wireless charger today and never worry about dropping your phone while driving ever again.Â
- Available as a vent, dashboard or CD slot mount
- Wireless charging for phones by tapping it into the mount
- Two magnets made of rare earth materials secure phones into place
- Separate metal plate to place magnets on
- Features an alignment guide
- Protective film made of adhesive
- Mount secured with a reusable suction cup with a layer of sticky gel
4. ZeeHoo Auto-Clamping Wireless Car Charger
The ZeeHoo Auto-Clamping Wireless Car Charger makes wireless charging easy. This is a big need, especially when you are busy driving. You can lock phones into place for wireless charging using only one hand. Simply press on the release button and then place the phone on the mount. which locks it into place using two automatic side clamps. The mount’s side locks and charging coil can fit in most phones. You can have the mount’s arm adjusted, extended and rotated. Get this product today and keep your eyes on the road while you charge.
- Available as a vent or dashboard mount
- Qi charging up to 7.5W for iPhones and to 10W for Samsung phones
- Can deliver charges through up to 3mm-thick phone cases
- Release side clamps using only one hand and locks into place when fitting in the phone
- Arm rotates up to 360 degrees, pivots up to 270 degrees and extends from 5.5 inches to 7.5 inches
- Side clamps can hold phones that are 2.44 inches to 3.5 inches wide
5. BASENOR Model 3 Qi Wireless Phone Charging Dock
The Model 3 Qi Wireless Phone Charging Dock from BASENOR is a wireless phone charging dock. This is for use in Tesla Model 3s. This dock can charge up to two Qi-compatible phones. Placing the phone on the dock already starts the wireless charging process. The dock is compatible with iPhones, Android phones and other Qi-compatible phones. Get this product now on Amazon and have a safer driving experience.
- Compatible only with the Tesla Model 3s
- Two Qi charging coils
- Compatible for iPhones, Android phones and other Qi-compatible phones
- Phones do not move when the car is accelerating
6. ZealSound Fast Wireless Charge Slim Pad Station Dock
The ZealSound Fast Wireless Charge Slim Pad Station Dock allows quick wireless charging. The dock consists of a single piece of silicon. The dock is big enough to fit in iPhones, Android phones and other Qi-compatible phones. The silicon is anti-slip, so the phone and the dock do not move as the car speeds up. It includes a charging coil that is powerful enough to charge phones with cases. This also allows for faster charging compared to other wireless chargers. Own this product today and charge your phones while you keep your eyes on the road.
- Charging dock mounted on top of dashboards
- Made of anti-slip silicon
- Compatible with charging iPhones, Androids and other Qi-compatible phones
- Capable of up to two times faster charging
- Wireless charging for phones with cases
- Safety protections such as temperature control, surge protection and short-circuit prevention
7. Mophie Wireless Charging Vent Mount
The Mophie Wireless Charging Vent Mount makes wireless phone charging simple. You can install this mount on any car vent. The phone is then attached to the mount with the easy-to-adjust grips that lock it into place. You can fit the mount on dashboards using an adapter. Get this item today for a hassle-free phone charging experience.
- Fits into any car vents
- Also fits into dashboards using an adapter
- Wireless charging for Qi-compatible phones up to 10W
- Adjustable non-slip grips
- Allows one-hand use
8. Bolt Car Mount and Qi Fast Wireless Charger with Auto Sense Locking
Lynktec’s Bolt Car Mount and Qi Fast Wireless Charger is an easy-to-use wireless charger. It allows fast high power charging for Qi-compatible devices. The mount’s auto-sensing lock and unlock feature mounts phones for wireless charging. The mount supports phones with up to 6.7-inch screens and cases up to 3.5 inches wide. You can adjust and rotate the base as needed. Buy this Bolt car mount today and never worry about your phone dropping while you are charging.
- Provides up to 15W of wireless charging for Qi-compatible phones
- Mounted on most car vents
- Auto-sensing lock and unlock feature with one-touch release
- Capacitive reserve power
- Supports phones with 4 to 6.7-inch screens
- Supports up to 3.5-inch wide cases
9. Andobil Wireless Car Charger Mount
Andobil’s Wireless Car Charger Mount promises easy wireless charging while on the road. It features a chip that provides fast wireless charging for Qi-compatible devices. You can mount phones with one hand using its automatic clamps. You can also place the mount on most car vents and dashboards and rotate it up to 360 degrees.
- Install on car vents and dashboards
- Provides 5W up to 10W charging for Qi-compatible devices
- Can charge phones with cases up to 0.16 inches thick
- Mount rotates up to 360 degrees
- Quick clamp release
- Automatic clamps
- Reusable suction cup
10. WYNK Magnetic Wireless Charger
The WYNK Magnetic Wireless Charger is simple compared to the other chargers on the list. But, it offers useful features that make wireless charging easier. The mount is easy to install by either gluing it to your dashboard or attaching it to an air vent. It has a magnet that is strong enough to hold a phone into place for easy wireless charging. Get this magnetic wireless charger now and have a safer driving experience.
- Install on dashboards using glue
- Install on car vents by removing its base
- Wireless charging for Qi-compatible devices
- Charges up to 6 mm away
- Magnet strong enough to hold phones
11. Verizon Grip All-in-1+ Wireless Charging Mount
The Grip All-in-1+ Wireless Charging Mount makes wireless charging a breeze. You can attach the mount on dashboards, windshields, air vents and CD slots. The mount is capable of holding most Qi-compatible devices for wireless charging. It offers up to 15 W of fast wireless charging. This product is available on Amazon right now and it will help you focus on the road while you are charging.
- Suction mount for attaching on dashboards or windshields
- Clip for attaching on air vents and CD slots
- Compatible for phones up to 3.5 inches wide and 8 inches tall
- 15 W fast wireless charging for Qi-compatible devices
12. POWR Fast Wireless Car Charger
The POWR Fast Wireless Car Charger allows faster wireless charging than wired charging. The mount uses more copper in its charging coil than other wireless charging mounts. This makes it suited for faster wireless charging of Qi-compatible devices. Get this product today and charge your phones faster compared to a plug-in charger.
- Suction mount for dashboards and windshields
- Vent mount
- 3x more copper coil than other wireless chargers
- Charging output up to 10W
- Suction holds the phone in place on the mount
- Phone case friendly
- Overcharge and overheat protection
13. Squish Wireless Car Charger
The Squish Wireless Car Charger offers simplicity and flexibility in wireless car charging. The mount can be easily installed on dashboards using a suction cup or on vents using a holder. It can charge Qi-compatible devices fast with up to 10W power output. Its use of auto clamping allows for easy mounting for your phone even while you are driving. Own this product today and experience a hassle-free phone charging experience.
- Suction cup for dashboard installation
- Holder for air vent installation
- Fast charging for Qi-compatible devices
- Up to 10W power output
- Auto clamping
14. VANMASS Wireless Car Charger Mount
The Wireless Car Charger Mount from VANMASS is an easy-to-use wireless charger. It also serves as a flexible phone mount that you can use while driving. It provides wireless charging for up to 10W power output for Qi-compatible phones. The mount has an electric powered automatic clamping and an adjusting bottom tray. This allows the mount to hold most phone sizes. The mount allows for the phone to rotate 360 degrees and to secure it into place with rubber clamps. This wireless car charger is available on Amazon and it’ll help you drive without any distractions.
- Air vent mount
- Electric motor-powered automatic clamping
- Adjustable bottom tray
- Compatible with phones up to 3.8 inches wide
- Wireless charging for phones with cases up to 0.16 inches thick
- Wireless charging up to 10W power output
15. Fast Wireless Car Charger Mount, ELLESYE Car Phone Holder
ELLESYE’S Fast Wireless Car Charger Mount and Car Phone Holder is a fast wireless charger. This product also serves as an adjustable phone holder. The mount can provide up to 10W power output for wireless charging of Qi phones. It has clamps that can hold phones up to 3.86 inches wide. You install this mount any on dashboard or windscreen. Its arm adjusts up to 3.76 inches and rotates up to 225 degrees. The use of the mount only requires the use of one hand to lessen driving distractions. Buy this product today and never worry about your phone’s battery dying while you are driving.
- Dashboard and windscreen mount with suction cups
- Adjustable arms rotate the perfect viewing angle
- Phone mounting using one hand possible
- Extendable arms for phones up to 3.86 inches wide
- Fast wireless charging up to 10W power output
What are wireless car chargers?
Wireless car chargers are mounts designed to allow easy wireless charging in cars. These wireless chargers help lessen driving distractions. This is due to these chargers making phone charging less of a hassle.
Wireless car chargers come in three types: magnetic, vent clip and dashboard mount. Magnetic wireless car chargers use magnets to hold phones in place. Vent clip wireless car chargers are those installed on a car’s air vents. Dashboard mount wireless car chargers are those on dashboards or other flat surfaces.
How does wireless charging work?
Wireless charging transfers power from a power outline to a phone without the need for any wire. This happens through a process known as resonant inductive charging. The process involves two coils. These generate an electromagnetic field where an electricÂ current will pass through.
One of these coils is a pad that transmits the electric current while the other one receives it. This current is then used to charge the battery of the receiving device. For this to work, the receiving device should be within the range of the transmitting pad.
Another need for wireless charging to work is a Qi-compatible device. There are other wireless charging standards such as Powermat. Powermat is a standard used by Starbucks in wireless phone charging. But, Qi is the mainstream standard as it is widely used by smartphone manufacturers.
Qi standard allows for wireless charging for devices up to 40mm away. It has three power output settings for wireless phone charging. 5W is the minimum power output and is compatible with all Qi-standard devices. 7.5W is usually for iPhones. 10W is for Samsung phones.
Wireless charging is convenient as charging cables can be a hassle. But, wireless charging is far slower than wired charging. This is not ideal if you want a quick charge for your phone. But, if wireless charging during a long drive, wireless car chargers are ideal.
How to install wireless car chargers?
In terms of installation, wireless car chargers come in two types – vent clip and dashboard mount.
You can install vent clip wireless car chargers on a car’s air vents by clipping it on the vent’s grills. Make sure that the air vent grills used for installing the mount are straight. Curved or circular grills will make your phone mounting unstable.
You can install dashboard mount types on dashboards or any flat surface of your cart. Some chargers make use of a suction cup design. You can use the suction cups to stick wireless car charging mounts anywhere in your car. Other dashboard mount chargers make use of adhesive for mounting.
How to charge phones using wireless car chargers?
Phones can be wirelessly charged by simply mounting it on a wireless charger. The coil of the wireless charger and the receiver of the phone should be as close to each other as possible.
There are other things to do aside from mounting your phone before wireless charging. What these things dependÂ on the brand and specifications of the charger.
Phone cases might be a hindrance to wireless charging. This is because phone cases add distance between the transmitter and the receiver. Make sure to have a phone case that is thin enough to allow for proper wireless charging. It is also possible to just remove the phone case during wireless charging.
Other chargers would need the phone to be perfectly aligned with the coil. Make sure that you follow a charger’s guide for the proper alignment of the phone. It is also recommended that you know where the coils are on your wireless charger and your phone.
It is also recommended that you are not using the phone for accessing apps or for finding directions. This may result in the phone draining more power than actually gaining it.
It is important to note that you should connect the wireless car charger itself to a power source using a cord. You should make sure of this while doing wireless charging.
What to consider in buying wireless car chargers?
First, check if your phone is Qi-compatible. Most smartphones these days are compatible with the Qi wireless standards. Some older models are also Qi-compatible. These include iPhones starting from iPhone 8 and Samsung phones from Galaxy S6. The compatibility of the power output to the phone is not an issue. This is because the necessary outputs are available on most chargers.
Second, you should check if your phone fits your wireless car charger mount. This is necessary especially for mounts that use clamps to hold phones into place. You should also take into consideration if your phone case also works for the mount. Check if the phone case fits the mount and if it does not interfere with wireless charging.
Third, check if the wireless car charger mount would fit the car. Decide on which part of the car you will install the mount. This is with consideration of personal preference and comfort while driving. After deciding where to place it, get the appropriate wireless car charger mount.
How to maintain and fix wireless car chargers?
Wireless car chargers are simple devices. This means that they only need minimal maintenance. You can maintain its charging capabilities if you follow its proper use. Some wireless car chargers have lights. These lights show whether the charger is doing wireless charging properly.
There are no fixes when wireless car chargers are no longer able to do wireless charging. The recommendation is that you should get a new wireless car charger once it breaks. This is because the only breakable part on a wireless car charger is its coil. Getting the coil repaired or replaced is more costly than getting a new wireless car charger.
Also, note that what is usually thought of as issues with the wireless car charger are usually not issues at all. It may be the result of improper use of the charger. Check if you are following the instructions for the use of the wireless car charger. Also, check if there are no issues with your phone or your phone case before doing a wireless charge.