The history of yoga started over 5,000 years ago in Northern India. Through the years, yoga was slowly developed primarily by India’s Brahmans or Vedic priests, and the Rishis or mystic seers. Through the years, yoga has been adapted into various styles, but the purpose remains the same: to achieve the perfect balance between the mind, body, and spirit. In modern times, there are different ways and venues you can practice yoga, and apps like Asana Rebel have been on the rise, allowing yogis to practice even in the comforts of their own.
In this article, we’ll be taking a look at Asana Rebel and see if it is one of the best yoga apps available for you.
What Is Asana Rebel?
The main vision of Asana Rebel is for everyone to have a healthy lifestyle, which is why they have converted many yoga sessions online. These can range from where you need a quick 5-minute stretch in the morning or if you want to do a full-on 1-hour power yoga as part of your daily exercise routine! No matter your purpose, the Asana Rebel app gives you yoga at the touch of your fingertips.
The Asana Rebel app is all about diversity inclusion because it is offered in six different languages worldwide. It aspires to scale and make fitness and health accessible no matter where you are in the world.
Asana Rebel Subscription & Payment
It is important to note that Asana Rebel is more than just an app – it is a lifestyle. As you sign up for the app, it already asks you off the bat what your goals are to become a better and healthier you.
Then, you will be asked to choose your top three goals. You can choose from the following:
- Sleep better
- Lose weight
- Tight and toned body
- Exercise more effectively
- Build healthy habits
- Gain more energy every day
You might be wondering why the Asana rebel app is asking very intimate questions about you in the succeeding questions. Do remember that Asana is a health, fitness, and wellness app. Knowing the answers to the questions will help them give you a personalized plan that can help you achieve your goals and maintain your healthy lifestyle in the long run. Hence, it would be best if you answered them as honestly as possible.
Other information that Asana Rebel will require from you are gender, age, height, and weight, which are all important determinants for your health goals.
The app will then ask what your fitness level is. There are three levels you can choose from. These are the following:
- Beginner – if you have zero to very little fitness level activity.
- Intermediate – if you only exercise occasionally.
- Advanced – if you have an exercise routine that you regularly adhere and follow.
The Asana Rebel App will also ask what diet you would want for yourself. You can choose from the following:
- No preference – Choose this if you are not familiar or not aware of a particular diet type. You can also choose this if you do not have any dietary restrictions.
- Vegetarian – Choose this diet option if your diet primarily consists of not eating meat and animal products. This includes meat, poultry, fish, and seafood. However, note that some variations of the vegetarian diet allow the consumption of eggs and dairy products.
- Vegan – This diet option means that you will not be consuming any meat or animal products. This includes eggs and dairy products as well.
- Keto or Low Carb – You can choose this type of diet to monitor your carb and sugar content. This diet primarily consists of protein and fat.
- Others – If you have any other diet aside from the ones mentioned above, you can choose this option.
It is important to note that the Asana Rebel app is free to download. However, if you want to have access to their unlimited and personalized yoga workout plans and many other health and wellness tips, you need to pay for their subscription tiers.
There are two payment subscriptions available for the Asana rebel app.
- $2.99/monthly for 12 months
- $15.99 for a 1-month subscription
With both subscriptions, you get unlimited yoga exercises when you want to want them. The app also considers important information like where you are in your practice and your personal goals, so you get personalized content that will help you achieve your goals.
An important note is that you can cancel your subscription at any time. There is also a 14-day money-back guarantee if you do not like the features of the app.
Accepted Payment Methods
The Asana rebel app’s accepted payment methods can be paid through major credit cards, including Mastercard, American Express, and Visa.
Asana Rebel App Features
The Asana Rebel app’s main objective is to make health, fitness, and wellness available to as many people as possible through technology. While it is marketed as a yoga app, it is so much more than just yoga workouts. It is a lifestyle app that helps you become the best possible version of yourself. Check out its awesome features that will surely help you out in your journey for health, fitness, and wellness!
With the Asana Rebel app, you can experience workouts as you have never experienced them before! You can treat this space as your gym and have access to hundreds of workouts, depending on your fitness activity level, the goals you want to achieve, and even the time you can allocate for your regular exercise. From the gentle Yin-Yang yoga to the intense HIIT workout, name it, and the Asana Rebel app has it for you.
Check out a few of the exercises they have in store for you when you subscribe to the Asana Rebel app:
- The Mega Metabolism Booster workout allows you to burn calories and blast fat. This five-minute workout challenges your lower back and hips to work up a sweat, boost metabolism, and build healthier bones.
- With the Flexibility Focus workshop, you can stretch it out whether you have just woken up in the morning or want to stretch it before you go to sleep! This five-minute workout focuses on strengthening your upper body and spine. This helps you improve your overall balance and flexibility.
- The Core Control Workshop keeps your bones healthy and strong. This five-minute workout focuses primarily on your core muscles. It consists of core strengthening activities that are guaranteed to make your core tighter and strengthen your endurance in the long run.
Sleep is an essential part of wellness. This allows your brain and body to rest from the hustles and bustles of your busy, waking hours. It can also greatly affect your mental and emotional state. With so many benefits of having a good night’s sleep, the Asana Rebel App is here to ensure that you get your fair share of sleep through their soothing sounds. Much research has claimed that having white noise or a soothing sound increases your chances of getting better sleep.
Music for Focus
Many research and studies have found a positive correlation between the right type of music and increased focus and concentration for higher productivity. This is why the Asana Rebel app also gives you a selection of musical tracks that can stimulate your brainwave activity and enhance your focus. These are beats that are proven and tested to boost your productivity.
Here are a few examples:
- The Binaural Sounds can boost your concentration and creativity with audio frequencies optimized for deep work.
- The Desert Dreams allows you to go on a journey with its exotic drums and flutes.
Like sleep, meditation allows you to have a short pause in the middle of your busy and often hectic schedule. With many benefits that meditation offers, the Asana rebel app also gives you access to guided meditation sessions that allows you to zoom out from your busy life and zoom in to what matters the most – you!
You can enjoy meditation sessions that can fit into your lifestyle, whether it is a 7-minute meditation during your morning commute or an hour-long session after a stressful day. The Asana rebel app offers all of this and more for you to achieve wellness.
Asana Rebel Pros and Cons
- A holistic and comprehensive lifestyle app
- Includes important elements like diet, exercise, sleep, and meditation for you to achieve wellness
- Voice instructions that can guide you to perfect your pose
- Constant reminders to drink, eat healthy, exercise, etc.
- Friendly and intuitive user interface
- New weekly workouts
- Tracks basic statistics that can motivate you towards your goals
- Compatible with most Apple and Android devices
- A tad bit expensive as compared to other yoga apps
- Workout videos sometimes buffering too long
- Lack of breaks in between some workout videos
- Takes up plenty of storage space
- Needs an internet connection
- Lacks consideration of body type and adjustments in achieving certain poses
Asana Rebel vs Other Yoga Apps
Yoga Vibes is another popular yoga app that offers a lot of yoga classes, great and dynamic yoga teachers, and supports the majority of Android and iOS. However, user reviews show that the Yoga Vibes app can be a tad bit overwhelming with its complicated user interface. In addition, high-speed internet is required for it to function at its optimum.
Core Power Yoga App
The Core Power Yoga app offers classes that can fit into your busy schedule because of its dynamic class time schedules. Classes can also be modified based on your fitness activity and capability. Lastly, it also does not require much equipment.
On the other hand, the Core Power Yoga app does not offer many types of workout, and it can also be expensive compared to other yoga workout apps.
Is Asana Rebel the Best Yoga App?
The Asana Rebel app is not just a yoga app. It is a one-stop shop that offers everything you need to become a healthier, more fit, and happier person. It offers a holistic and comprehensive suite of activities which includes yoga classes, a diet plan, music to boost productivity and focus, plus a sleep enchanter in one package.