Welcome to our comprehensive guide on how to root the Moto G Stylus 5G, one of Motorola’s most popular smartphones. Rooting your device gives you full control over the operating system, allowing you to customize your phone, install custom ROMs, and access advanced features not available on stock devices.
In this article, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of rooting your Moto G Stylus 5G, ensuring that you have all the necessary information and tools to successfully complete the procedure. Whether you are an experienced Android user or a beginner, this guide will provide you with everything you need to know to unlock the full potential of your device.
So, if you’re ready to take your Moto G Stylus 5G to the next level and unleash its true power, let’s dive into the fascinating world of rooting and discover how you can make the most of your smartphone.
Inside This Article
- Method 1: Using Magisk Manager
- Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
- Method 3: Using KingoRoot Software
Before attempting to root your Moto G Stylus 5G, there are a few prerequisites that you need to fulfill. These requirements ensure a smooth and successful rooting process, minimizing the chances of any issues or potential risks. Here are the prerequisites you need to take care of before proceeding with the root:
- Backup Your Data: Rooting your device involves making modifications to the system files. It is crucial to back up all your important data, including contacts, photos, videos, and documents, to prevent any loss during the rooting process.
- Charge Your Device: Make sure your Moto G Stylus 5G has a sufficient battery level before starting the rooting process. A higher battery percentage ensures that your device doesn’t shut down during the rooting process, preventing any possible complications.
- Enable USB Debugging: USB Debugging must be enabled on your device to establish a connection between your phone and computer during the rooting process. To enable it, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging and toggle the switch to turn it on.
- Install Device Drivers: Ensure that you have the necessary device drivers installed on your computer. These drivers enable your computer to recognize and communicate with your Moto G Stylus 5G when it is connected via USB.
- Unlock Bootloader: In order to gain root access, you need to unlock the bootloader of your Moto G Stylus 5G. This process will wipe all the data on your device, so make sure to back up everything important before proceeding. The steps to unlock the bootloader may vary depending on the device, so it’s recommended to search for a reliable guide specific to your Moto G Stylus 5G model.
Once you have successfully fulfilled these prerequisites, you are ready to proceed with the rooting process. Remember to follow the steps carefully and proceed at your own risk. Rooting your device can void the warranty, and improper execution can potentially cause damage. With that being said, let’s dive into different methods to root your Moto G Stylus 5G!
Method 1: Using Magisk Manager
If you’re looking for a reliable and straightforward method to root your Moto G Stylus 5G, using Magisk Manager is an excellent choice. Magisk is a popular and powerful rooting tool that allows you to gain administrative access to your device, giving you control over various system settings and enabling the installation of custom ROMs and mods.
Before you begin the rooting process, it’s crucial to understand that rooting your device voids the warranty and can potentially lead to system instability or even brick your device if not done correctly. Make sure to follow the steps carefully and proceed at your own risk.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to rooting your Moto G Stylus 5G using Magisk Manager:
- First, ensure that you have enabled Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to Settings, then About Phone, and tap on the Build Number several times until you see the “You are now a developer” message.
- Once Developer Options are enabled, go back to the main Settings menu and look for the Developer Options menu. Open it and enable USB Debugging.
- Next, download and install the latest version of Magisk Manager on your Moto G Stylus 5G. You can find the official APK file on the XDA Developers forum or the Magisk website.
- After the installation is complete, open Magisk Manager and click on the “Install” button.
- In the Install menu, choose the “Direct Install (Recommended)” option and follow the prompts to install Magisk on your device.
- Once the installation process is finished, click on the “Reboot” button to restart your Moto G Stylus 5G.
- After the device restarts, you can verify if the rooting process was successful by checking for the presence of the Magisk Manager app on your device. If you see the app, congratulations! Your Moto G Stylus 5G is now rooted.
Rooting your Moto G Stylus 5G using Magisk Manager opens up a world of possibilities for customization and modification. However, it’s important to remember that with great power comes great responsibility. Be cautious when installing third-party apps or making system-level changes, as they can potentially harm your device.
Enjoy exploring the full potential of your rooted Moto G Stylus 5G and make the most out of your device!
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
If you’re looking to root your Moto G Stylus 5G, one reliable method is by using TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) recovery. TWRP is a custom recovery that allows you to flash custom ROMs, kernels, and other modifications on your device. Rooting using TWRP recovery provides more flexibility and control over your phone’s system. Before you proceed, here are the steps to root your Moto G Stylus 5G using TWRP recovery.
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader
The first step is to unlock the bootloader of your Moto G Stylus 5G. This is necessary to install TWRP recovery and root your device. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe all data on your phone, so it’s essential to back up your important files beforehand. To unlock the bootloader, you’ll need to follow the instructions provided by Motorola for your specific device model.
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, the next step is to install TWRP recovery on your Moto G Stylus 5G. You can download the latest TWRP image file for your device model from the official TWRP website. After downloading the image file, you’ll need to use fastboot commands to flash TWRP onto your device. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed on your computer and follow the instructions provided by TWRP to complete the installation process.
Step 3: Transfer Magisk ZIP File
After successfully installing TWRP recovery, you’ll need to transfer the Magisk ZIP file to your device. Magisk is a powerful tool that enables systemless root on Android devices. You can download the latest Magisk ZIP file from the official Magisk Github repository. Transfer the ZIP file to the internal storage of your Moto G Stylus 5G using a USB cable or any file transfer method.
Step 4: Flash Magisk ZIP File
With the Magisk ZIP file transferred to your device, boot into TWRP recovery by turning off your phone and then holding the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the bootloader menu appears. From the bootloader menu, use the Volume keys to select the “Recovery” option and press the Power button to enter TWRP recovery. Once in TWRP, tap on the “Install” button and navigate to the location where you transferred the Magisk ZIP file. Select the ZIP file and swipe the confirmation slider to flash Magisk and root your Moto G Stylus 5G.
Step 5: Reboot and Verify Root Access
After flashing the Magisk ZIP file, you can reboot your Moto G Stylus 5G by selecting the “Reboot System” option in TWRP recovery. Once your device restarts, you can verify if the root was successful by installing a root checker app from the Google Play Store. The root checker app will confirm whether your Moto G Stylus 5G is rooted or not.
By following these steps, you can successfully root your Moto G Stylus 5G using TWRP recovery. Remember that rooting your device gives you more control and customization options, but it also comes with risks. Make sure to research and understand the implications of rooting before proceeding. Enjoy the benefits of a rooted Moto G Stylus 5G and explore the wide range of customization possibilities!
Method 3: Using KingoRoot Software
If you’re looking for a simple and straightforward way to root your Moto G Stylus 5G, you can consider using KingoRoot software. KingoRoot is a reliable and popular rooting tool that provides an efficient and user-friendly experience for both beginners and experienced users.
Before you begin, make sure to perform a backup of all your important data to prevent any potential loss during the rooting process. Once you have done that, follow the steps below to root your Moto G Stylus 5G using KingoRoot software:
- Firstly, download the KingoRoot software on your computer. You can find the latest version of KingoRoot on their official website.
- Enable USB debugging on your Moto G Stylus 5G. To do this, go to Settings, then About phone, and tap on Build number multiple times until you see the message “You are now a developer.” Then, go back to Settings, select Developer options, and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your Moto G Stylus 5G to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the KingoRoot software on your computer. It will detect your Moto G Stylus 5G automatically.
- Click on the “Root” button in the KingoRoot software to start the rooting process. It may take a few minutes, so be patient and do not disconnect your device during the process.
- Once the rooting process is complete, you will see a message confirming the successful rooting of your Moto G Stylus 5G.
- Restart your device to finalize the rooting process.
After your Moto G Stylus 5G has successfully been rooted using KingoRoot software, you will have full control over your device’s system files and settings. However, it’s important to note that rooting your device can void your warranty and potentially cause security risks. Make sure to proceed with caution and only install trusted applications and modifications.
Remember that rooting your device gives you the freedom to customize your Moto G Stylus 5G to your liking, but it also comes with responsibilities. Always research and make informed decisions before making any significant changes to your device’s software.
That concludes the tutorial on how to root your Moto G Stylus 5G using KingoRoot software. Enjoy exploring the possibilities that come with a rooted device!
The Moto G Stylus 5G is a powerful and versatile device that offers a lot of features and capabilities. By rooting the phone, you can unlock even more possibilities, such as installing custom ROMs, tweaking system settings, and accessing advanced features that are not available on stock devices.
However, it’s important to note that rooting your phone comes with risks. It can void your warranty and potentially lead to security and stability issues. Therefore, it’s crucial to thoroughly research and understand the rooting process before proceeding.
If you’re an advanced user who wants to take full control of your Moto G Stylus 5G and are willing to accept the associated risks, rooting can be a rewarding experience. Just make sure to follow the recommended methods and take necessary precautions to minimize any potential drawbacks.
Remember, rooting your device should be done responsibly and with a clear understanding of the consequences. With proper knowledge and caution, you can unlock the true potential of your Moto G Stylus 5G and enjoy an enhanced user experience.
Q: Is rooting the Moto G Stylus 5G safe?
A: Rooting any device involves certain risks, including voiding the warranty and potentially bricking the device if not done correctly. It is important to follow proper instructions and take necessary precautions while rooting the Moto G Stylus 5G to minimize these risks.
Q: What are the benefits of rooting the Moto G Stylus 5G?
A: Rooting your Moto G Stylus 5G can unlock a world of possibilities. You can install custom ROMs, remove bloatware, tweak system settings, improve performance, and even access and modify system files. It offers greater control and customization options for advanced users.
Q: Will rooting the Moto G Stylus 5G void the warranty?
A: Yes, rooting the Moto G Stylus 5G will void the warranty provided by the manufacturer. However, it is important to note that sometimes, it is possible to unroot the device and restore the warranty. It’s always recommended to weigh the benefits against the potential risks before proceeding with rooting.
Q: Can I root the Moto G Stylus 5G without a computer?
A: In most cases, rooting the Moto G Stylus 5G requires the use of a computer. It involves installing specific software, connecting the device to the computer, and executing commands. While there might be some limited options for rooting without a computer, the safest and most reliable method usually involves a computer.
Q: Where can I find a reliable guide to root the Moto G Stylus 5G?
A: The internet is full of guides and tutorials on how to root the Moto G Stylus 5G. However, it is essential to rely on trusted sources such as reputable tech forums, XDA Developers, or official websites of the device’s manufacturer. Make sure to double-check the information and follow a guide that is specifically tailored for your device model and firmware version.