The Xiaomi Note 3 is a popular smartphone known for its powerful features and innovative design. However, some users may feel limited by the restrictions imposed by the manufacturer. If you own a Xiaomi Note 3 and want to take full control of your device, rooting it is the way to go. By rooting your Xiaomi Note 3, you can unlock additional customization options, remove bloatware, and even enhance the performance of your device. In this article, we will guide you through the process of rooting your Xiaomi Note 3, providing step-by-step instructions and valuable tips along the way. Whether you are a tech-savvy individual or someone new to the world of rooting, we have got you covered. Let’s dive in and discover how to unleash the full potential of your Xiaomi Note 3!
Inside This Article
- Step 1: Enable Developer Options and USB debugging
- Step 2: Unlock the bootloader
- Step 3: Download and install a custom recovery tool
- Step 4: Root Xiaomi Note 3 using custom recovery tool
Step 1: Enable Developer Options and USB debugging
To successfully root your Xiaomi Note 3, the first step is to enable Developer Options and USB debugging. This will allow your device to communicate with your computer and facilitate the rooting process. Follow these simple steps to enable these options:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi Note 3.
- Scroll down and tap on “About phone.”
- Find the “MIUI version” option and tap on it seven times. This will enable Developer Options on your device.
- Go back to the “Settings” menu and tap on “Additional Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Developer options.”
- Toggle the switch at the top of the screen to enable Developer Options.
- Scroll down and find the “USB debugging” option.
- Toggle the switch next to “USB debugging” to enable it.
With Developer Options and USB debugging now enabled on your Xiaomi Note 3, you are ready to proceed to the next step of unlocking the bootloader.
Step 2: Unlock the bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is an essential step in the process of rooting your Xiaomi Note 3. By unlocking the bootloader, you are giving yourself the freedom to install custom ROMs, kernels, and make other modifications to your device’s software. However, it is important to note that unlocking the bootloader will void your device’s warranty and can potentially lead to security risks if not done properly.
Here are the steps to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Note 3:
- Go to the official Xiaomi website and create an account if you don’t have one already. You will need this account to request the bootloader unlock permission.
- Once you have created an account, log in and navigate to the “Mi Unlock” section on the website.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on your computer and install it.
- Enable Developer Options on your Xiaomi Note 3 by going to “Settings” > “About phone” > “MIUI version”. Tap on the MIUI version several times until you see a message saying “You are now a developer!”
- Go back to the main settings menu and scroll down to find “Additional settings”. Tap on it and then select “Developer options”.
- In the Developer options menu, enable “OEM unlocking” and “USB Debugging”.
- Power off your Xiaomi Note 3 and connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- Enter into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Open the Mi Unlock Tool on your computer and sign in with the same Mi account that you used to request the bootloader unlock permission.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the Mi Unlock Tool to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Note 3. This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the bootloader is successfully unlocked, your device will reboot automatically.
Remember, unlocking the bootloader is a crucial step in rooting your Xiaomi Note 3, but proceed with caution. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and understand the risks involved. Now that you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device, you are one step closer to gaining complete control over your Xiaomi Note 3.
Step 3: Download and install a custom recovery tool
Once you have successfully enabled developer options and unlocked the bootloader of your Xiaomi Note 3, the next step in the rooting process is to download and install a custom recovery tool. A custom recovery tool is a software that replaces the stock recovery on your device and allows for additional features and functionalities.
One of the most popular custom recovery tools for Xiaomi devices is TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). TWRP provides a user-friendly interface and a wide range of options for advanced users.
To download TWRP for your Xiaomi Note 3, you can visit the official TWRP website or search for a reputable source online. Make sure to download the version that is compatible with your specific model of the Xiaomi Note 3.
Once you have downloaded the TWRP recovery tool, you will need to install it on your device. Follow these steps to install TWRP:
- Connect your Xiaomi Note 3 to your computer using a USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded TWRP file to your device’s internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from the computer.
- Turn off your Xiaomi Note 3.
- Press and hold the volume up and power buttons together to boot into recovery mode.
- In the TWRP recovery mode, select the “Install” option.
- Navigate to the directory where you transferred the TWRP file.
- Select the TWRP file and swipe the confirmation slider to flash the custom recovery tool.
- Once the installation is complete, you can reboot your device into the newly installed TWRP recovery mode.
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded and installed the custom recovery tool (TWRP) on your Xiaomi Note 3. This will now allow you to perform advanced operations such as flashing custom ROMs, creating backups, and more.
It is important to note that installing a custom recovery tool and rooting your device may void your device warranty and can potentially lead to bricking your device if done improperly. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions and understand the risks involved before proceeding with these steps.
Step 4: Root Xiaomi Note 3 using custom recovery tool
Now that you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom recovery tool on your Xiaomi Note 3, it’s time to proceed with rooting your device. Rooting grants you privileged access to the Android operating system, allowing you to customize and optimize your device to your liking. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to root Xiaomi Note 3 using a custom recovery tool.
1. Download the root package: Begin by downloading the appropriate root package for your Xiaomi Note 3. Ensure that you choose a trusted source to avoid any potential security risks. Save the root package to your computer or directly to your device’s internal storage.
2. Boot into custom recovery: Power off your Xiaomi Note 3. Hold down the Power button and the Volume Up button simultaneously until the device vibrates and the recovery mode appears. This will boot your device into the custom recovery tool that you previously installed.
3. Install the root package: In the custom recovery menu, navigate using the Volume buttons and select the “Install” or “Flash” option. Locate the root package that you downloaded in the previous step, and select it to begin the installation process. Wait for the installation to complete.
4. Clear cache and reboot: After the root package is successfully installed, go back to the main menu of the custom recovery tool. Select the “Wipe cache” or “Clear cache” option to clear the cache partition. Once the cache is cleared, select the “Reboot system” option to reboot your Xiaomi Note 3.
5. Verify root access: After your device boots up, you can verify if the rooting process was successful. Install a root checker app from the Google Play Store and run the app to confirm if your Xiaomi Note 3 has root access. If the app confirms root access, congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Note 3!
Keep in mind that rooting your device may void the manufacturer’s warranty and can potentially expose your device to security risks if not done correctly. Be sure to follow the steps carefully and research thoroughly before proceeding. Enjoy the benefits and flexibility that rooting your Xiaomi Note 3 provides!
In conclusion, rooting your Xiaomi Note 3 can be a game changer for your mobile phone experience. It gives you the freedom to personalize your device, access the latest updates, and unleash the full potential of your phone. With rooting, you can enjoy a wide range of customization options, improve performance, and even enhance security features.
However, it is crucial to remember that rooting your device comes with certain risks. It can void your warranty and may even cause irreversible damage if not done correctly. Therefore, it is essential to thoroughly research and follow reliable tutorials and guides to ensure a safe and successful rooting process.
Ultimately, whether or not to root your Xiaomi Note 3 is a personal decision. Consider the benefits and drawbacks, evaluate your needs and priorities, and make an informed choice. Remember to weigh the potential advantages against the risks involved, and always exercise caution when tampering with your device’s system. Happy rooting!
1. Can I root my Xiaomi Note 3 without voiding the warranty?
2. What are the benefits of rooting my Xiaomi Note 3?
3. Is it safe to root my Xiaomi Note 3?
4. Will rooting my Xiaomi Note 3 affect its performance?
5. Can I unroot my Xiaomi Note 3 if I change my mind later?