Are you looking to unlock the full potential of your Redmi Note 4X smartphone? If so, you might be interested in rooting your device. Rooting allows you to gain privileged access to the operating system, giving you the ability to customize and optimize your phone to suit your needs. One popular method of rooting the Redmi Note 4X is by using the Mini On tool. In this article, we will guide you through the steps of rooting your Redmi Note 4X using Mini On. We will cover everything you need to know, from the benefits of rooting to the precautions to take before starting the process. So, grab your Redmi Note 4X and get ready to unleash its full potential!
Inside This Article
- Brief Overview of Redmi Note 4X
- What is Rooting?
- Benefits of Rooting
- Prerequisites for Rooting Redmi Note 4X
- Step-by-Step Guide to Root Mini On Redmi Note 4X
- Method 1: Rooting via KingRoot
- Method 2: Rooting with SuperSU
- Common Issues and Troubleshooting
Brief Overview of Redmi Note 4X
The Redmi Note 4X, developed by Xiaomi, is a popular mid-range smartphone that offers great features at an affordable price. It was released in February 2017 and quickly gained popularity among smartphone enthusiasts due to its outstanding performance and impressive specifications.
The Redmi Note 4X boasts a 5.5-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, providing sharp and vibrant visuals for an immersive viewing experience. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset and Adreno 506 GPU, it ensures smooth multitasking and seamless performance, making it ideal for gaming, streaming, and everyday use.
With regards to the camera capabilities, the Redmi Note 4X is equipped with a 13-megapixel rear camera that captures sharp and detailed photos, even in low-light conditions. The front-facing 5-megapixel camera delivers high-quality selfies, perfect for capturing memorable moments with friends and family.
One of the standout features of the Redmi Note 4X is its impressive battery life. With a non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery, it offers exceptional endurance, allowing users to go through the day without worrying about running out of power. Additionally, it supports fast charging, ensuring a quick recharge when needed.
In terms of storage capacity, the Redmi Note 4X provides different configurations, usually with 32GB or 64GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up to 256GB using a microSD card. This ample storage space allows users to store a large amount of photos, videos, and apps without running out of space.
The Redmi Note 4X runs on Xiaomi’s custom MIUI interface, which is based on the Android operating system. The MIUI interface offers a user-friendly experience with a range of customization options and features. It also provides regular software updates, ensuring that users have the latest security patches and improvements.
In terms of connectivity, the Redmi Note 4X supports dual SIM cards, allowing users to switch between two different mobile networks. It also offers 4G LTE compatibility, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS, ensuring seamless connectivity options for staying connected with friends and family, as well as for navigation purposes.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining administrative access to the operating system of a device, such as a smartphone or tablet. It allows users to have complete control and access to the system files and settings that are otherwise restricted by the manufacturer or carrier.
When a device is rooted, it enables users to perform advanced customization and modifications that are not possible on a non-rooted device. This includes installing custom ROMs, removing pre-installed bloatware, tweaking system settings, and even overclocking the device’s processor.
In simple terms, rooting can be seen as the equivalent of gaining “root” access in the world of Linux or “administrator” access in the realm of Windows. It gives users the freedom to personalize and optimize their device to suit their preferences, beyond the limitations imposed by the stock firmware.
However, it’s important to note that rooting a device has its pros and cons. While it offers immense possibilities for customization and control, it also carries certain risks and voids the device’s warranty. Therefore, it is crucial to thoroughly understand the process and its implications before proceeding with rooting.
Benefits of Rooting
Rooting your Redmi Note 4X can unlock a world of opportunities and provide you with numerous benefits. Here are some of the advantages you can enjoy by rooting your device:
1. Customization: Rooting your Redmi Note 4X gives you complete control over your device’s software. You can install custom ROMs, change system fonts, customize the appearance of your device, and even install custom themes. This level of customization allows you to personalize your smartphone to reflect your style and preferences.
2. Increased Performance: By rooting your Redmi Note 4X, you can optimize your device’s performance. You can use various system tweaking apps and tools to overclock the CPU, improve RAM management, and enhance the overall speed and responsiveness of your device. This can result in smoother multitasking, faster app loading times, and an overall improved user experience.
3. Access to Root-only Apps: Rooting your device grants you access to a variety of powerful root-only apps. These apps have advanced features and functionalities that are not available on regular, non-rooted devices. You can install apps that can perform deep system-level functions, backup and restore your device, improve battery life, and even uninstall pre-installed bloatware.
4. Ad-Blocking: Rooting your Redmi Note 4X allows you to block annoying ads that appear in various apps and websites. You can use ad-blocking apps that modify the host file of your device, effectively preventing ads from being displayed. This not only enhances your browsing and app experience but also saves your precious mobile data.
5. Advanced Automation: With root access, you can automate various tasks on your Redmi Note 4X using automation apps like Tasker. You can create custom scripts and macros to automate repetitive actions, schedule tasks, and even create complex workflows. This can help you save time and increase productivity by reducing manual intervention.
6. Backup and Restore: Rooting your Redmi Note 4X allows you to take complete backups of your device’s data and settings. You can use apps like Titanium Backup to create full system backups, including app data, contacts, messages, and settings. This ensures that even if something goes wrong, you can easily restore your device to its previous state.
7. Wi-Fi and Tethering Tweaks: Root access enables you to modify Wi-Fi and tethering settings on your Redmi Note 4X. You can use apps like Wi-Fi Password Recovery to view saved Wi-Fi passwords or apps like FoxFi to enable Wi-Fi hotspot tethering even if your carrier restricts it. These tweaks give you more control over your device’s wireless connectivity options.
8. Better Battery Life: Rooting your Redmi Note 4X can help you improve battery life by allowing you to underclock the CPU, disable power-hungry apps, and use battery-saving mods. With root access, you can modify system-level settings and use battery-saving apps that can significantly extend the battery life of your device.
9. Enhanced System Control: Rooting your device provides you with deep system-level access, allowing you to modify system files and settings. This can be useful for advanced users who want to fine-tune their device’s performance, customize system animations, or apply system-wide tweaks for a more optimized and efficient operation.
10. Removal of Bloatware: Bloatware refers to pre-installed apps and services that come with your device but are often unnecessary or unwanted. Rooting your Redmi Note 4X allows you to uninstall or disable these bloatware apps, freeing up storage space and improving device performance. This gives you more control over your device, and you can choose which apps to keep and which ones to remove.
By rooting your Redmi Note 4X, you can unleash the full potential of your device, enhancing its performance, customization options, and functionality. However, it’s important to note that rooting your device voids its warranty and comes with certain risks. It is recommended to research and follow reliable rooting methods and backup your important data before proceeding with the rooting process.
Prerequisites for Rooting Redmi Note 4X
Before you begin the rooting process for your Redmi Note 4X, there are a few essential prerequisites that you need to fulfill. These prerequisites will ensure a smooth and successful rooting experience. Here are the things you need:
- Backup your data: Rooting your device involves modifying system files, which can sometimes lead to data loss. To avoid any unforeseen data loss, it is recommended to back up all your important data including contacts, photos, videos, and documents. You can use various backup methods like cloud storage, external storage, or even specialized backup apps.
- Charge your device: It is crucial to have your Redmi Note 4X fully charged before initiating the rooting process. This will ensure that your device does not run out of battery during the process, which could potentially cause issues or even brick your device. So, plug in your device and charge it to at least 50% or preferably to full battery.
- Enable USB Debugging: USB debugging is a developer feature that needs to be enabled on your Redmi Note 4X to carry out the rooting process. To enable USB debugging, go to Settings > About Phone > tap on the MIUI version 7 times to enable Developer options > go back to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > enable USB debugging.
- Install USB Drivers: To establish a proper connection between your Redmi Note 4X and your computer, you need to install the necessary USB drivers. These drivers are essential for the rooting process to work smoothly. You can visit the official Xiaomi website or use third-party software to install the USB drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: Before rooting your Redmi Note 4X, you need to unlock the bootloader. This step is important as it allows you to make changes to the system partition. Xiaomi provides an official method to unlock the bootloader, which involves requesting an unlock code from Xiaomi’s official website and following the provided instructions.
- Choose the Rooting Method: There are multiple methods available to root the Redmi Note 4X. You need to choose the method that best suits your preferences and requirements. Popular methods include using KingRoot or SuperSU. Research and understand each method before proceeding.
By ensuring that you have fulfilled all the above prerequisites, you are now ready to proceed with the rooting process for your Redmi Note 4X. Following these prerequisites will help you avoid potential issues and ensure a successful rooting experience.
Step-by-Step Guide to Root Mini On Redmi Note 4X
If you’re looking to unlock the full potential of your Redmi Note 4X, rooting is the way to go. By gaining root access, you can customize your device, remove bloatware, and install powerful apps that require system-level access. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of rooting the Mini variant of Redmi Note 4X.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that rooting your device voids its warranty and can potentially lead to bricking or other issues. Proceed at your own risk and make sure to follow each step carefully.
- Backup your data: Before rooting, it’s crucial to backup all your data as the process may erase everything on your device. Use a reliable backup solution to secure your files, contacts, and apps.
- Unlock the bootloader: In order to root your Redmi Note 4X, you first need to unlock its bootloader. Visit the official Xiaomi website and follow the instructions provided to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable USB debugging: Head to the device settings and navigate to Developer Options. If you don’t see this option, go to About Phone and tap on the MIUI version multiple times to enable Developer Options. Once done, enable USB debugging.
- Download and install necessary tools: You’ll need a few tools to root your device. Download the latest version of ADB and Fastboot drivers to your computer, and install them.
- Download the rooting package: There are different methods to root your Redmi Note 4X. One popular option is to use the KingRoot app. Download the APK file from a trusted source and transfer it to your device.
- Install KingRoot: On your Redmi Note 4X, go to Settings > Security, and enable the option to install apps from unknown sources. Use a file manager to locate the KingRoot APK file and install it on your device.
- Launch KingRoot: Once installed, open the KingRoot app on your Redmi Note 4X. Tap on the “Try to Root” button and wait for the rooting process to complete. It may take a few minutes, so be patient.
- Verify root access: After the rooting process is complete, you can verify if your Redmi Note 4X is successfully rooted. Install a root checker app from the Play Store and follow the instructions to confirm the root access.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted your Mini variant of Redmi Note 4X. Now you can enjoy the benefits of rooting, such as installing custom ROMs, tweaking system settings, and exploring a world of powerful root-only apps. Just be cautious while making changes to your device’s system files to avoid any unwanted issues.
Remember, rooting can be a complex process, and it’s essential to understand the risks involved. Make sure to follow the steps carefully and do thorough research before proceeding.
Method 1: Rooting via KingRoot
Rooting your Redmi Note 4X can open up a world of possibilities for customization and optimization. One of the easiest and most popular methods to root your device is by using KingRoot. This powerful rooting tool allows you to gain privileged access and control over your smartphone’s operating system. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to root your Redmi Note 4X using KingRoot.
Step 1: Before you begin, ensure that you have a stable internet connection and sufficient battery life on your Redmi Note 4X. This process may take some time, and it’s imperative to have enough power to avoid any interruptions or potential damage to your device.
Step 2: Download the KingRoot APK file onto your Redmi Note 4X. You can find the latest version of KingRoot on their official website or reputable Android forums.
Step 3: Once the APK file is downloaded, locate it in your device’s file manager and tap on it to initiate the installation process. If you encounter any security warnings, grant the necessary permissions to proceed with the installation.
Step 4: After the installation is complete, launch the KingRoot app from your app drawer.
Step 5: Upon opening the KingRoot app, you will see a large root button displayed on the main screen. Tap on the button to commence the rooting process.
Step 6: KingRoot will now begin the rooting process, and it may take a few minutes to complete. Do not interrupt or restart your Redmi Note 4X during this time.
Step 7: Once the rooting process is finished, you will receive a message indicating that your device has been successfully rooted. You can also check for root access by using a root checker app from the Google Play Store.
Step 8: As a safety precaution, it’s highly recommended to reboot your Redmi Note 4X after rooting to ensure that all changes are properly applied.
Step 9: Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Redmi Note 4X using KingRoot. Now, you can enjoy the benefits of a rooted device and explore a wide range of customization options and apps that require root access.
Please note that the rooting process can void your device’s warranty and may pose risks if not done correctly. It’s essential to follow the instructions carefully and understand the consequences before proceeding with rooting your Redmi Note 4X.
Method 2: Rooting with SuperSU
Method 2 for rooting your Redmi Note 4X involves using SuperSU, a popular and reliable tool for gaining root access on Android devices. Here’s how you can use SuperSU to root your Redmi Note 4X:
1. First, download the SuperSU zip file from a trusted source and save it on your device’s internal storage.
3. In recovery mode, use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select options. Select “Install” or “Install from SD card” (depending on your recovery mode), then locate and select the SuperSU zip file you downloaded in step 1.
4. Confirm the installation by swiping or selecting “Yes” when prompted.
5. Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and select “Reboot system now” to restart your device.
6. After your device reboots, open the SuperSU app (which should be installed automatically) and update the SU binary if prompted.
7. Congrats! Your Redmi Note 4X is now rooted using SuperSU. You can now enjoy the benefits and customization options that come with root access.
Please note that rooting your device will void its warranty and can potentially cause issues if not done correctly. Make sure to follow the steps carefully and research thoroughly before proceeding with rooting your Redmi Note 4X.
It’s also important to keep in mind that rooting your device can make it vulnerable to security threats if you install and grant root access to malicious apps. Be cautious when granting root permissions and only install apps from trusted sources.
If you encounter any issues during the rooting process or experience problems with your rooted device, you can try troubleshooting by searching for solutions online or reaching out to the Android community for assistance.
Now that you have successfully rooted your Redmi Note 4X with SuperSU, you can explore the endless possibilities of customization and enhancements that come with root access. Enjoy the freedom and take full control of your device!
Common Issues and Troubleshooting
Rooting a device can sometimes come with its own set of challenges. Here, we will discuss some common issues that you may encounter while rooting Mini on Redmi Note 4X and provide possible troubleshooting solutions.
1. Bricking: One of the most common concerns when rooting any device is the risk of bricking. Bricking refers to rendering your device unusable due to an error during the rooting process. To avoid this, make sure to follow the rooting methods carefully and use reliable root tools such as KingRoot or SuperSU.
2. Boot Loop: Sometimes, after rooting a device, it may get stuck in a boot loop where it continuously restarts without fully loading the operating system. If you encounter this issue, try entering the device into recovery mode and perform a factory reset. This can help resolve any conflicts caused by the rooting process.
3. Apps Not Working: After rooting, some apps may not function properly or crash frequently. This can happen due to compatibility issues with the rooted device. To fix this, try using apps specifically designed for rooted devices or search for alternative apps that work well with root privileges.
4. Loss of Warranty: Rooting a device may void its warranty, as it involves making modifications to the system software. If you encounter any hardware issues or need support from the manufacturer, it’s important to unroot your device before seeking assistance.
5. Security Risks: Rooting a device can potentially expose it to greater security risks, as it bypasses certain security measures implemented by the manufacturer. To minimize these risks, avoid installing apps from unknown or untrusted sources and keep your device’s software and security patches up to date.
6. Unresponsive Device: In some cases, the device may become unresponsive or freeze after rooting. To resolve this, try performing a soft reset by holding down the power button for a few seconds until the device restarts. If the issue persists, you may need to perform a factory reset.
7. Poor Performance: Rooting can sometimes lead to a decrease in device performance, especially if you install too many unnecessary apps or modify critical system settings. To optimize performance, uninstall any unused apps, clear cache regularly, and avoid heavy modifications that may strain the device’s resources.
Remember, rooting a device comes with its own risks and potential issues. It’s important to research and understand the process thoroughly before proceeding. Take caution, follow the instructions carefully, and always have a backup of your data to minimize any potential loss or inconvenience.
Rooting your Mini on Redmi Note 4X can be an exciting endeavor that unlocks a world of customization and control. By gaining root access, you have the ability to install custom ROMs, optimize performance, and personalize your device to suit your needs. However, it is important to be aware of the potential risks and drawbacks that come with rooting.
Before proceeding with the rooting process, make sure to carefully research and understand the steps involved. Follow reliable guides and backup your data to minimize the chances of encountering issues. Additionally, keep in mind that rooting may void your warranty and can potentially expose your device to security risks.
Remember, rooting is a decision that should be made after considering the pros and cons. If done correctly, it can enhance the overall experience of using your Mini on Redmi Note 4X. Take the time to weigh the benefits against the potential risks to make an informed decision. Happy rooting!
Q: What is rooting a phone?
Rooting a phone means gaining administrative privileges or access to the root directory of the operating system. It allows users to have greater control over their device, enabling them to customize system settings, remove pre-installed apps, and install custom ROMs.
Q: Why would someone want to root their phone?
There are several reasons why someone might want to root their phone. Rooting provides users with the freedom to customize their device beyond the limitations imposed by the manufacturer. It allows for the installation of apps that require root access, improves device performance, and provides the ability to remove bloatware.
Q: Is rooting a phone safe?
Rooting a phone can have both benefits and risks. While it can provide users with additional control and customization options, it also carries certain risks. Rooting can potentially void the device warranty, and if not done correctly, it may result in “bricking” the device or exposing it to security vulnerabilities. It is crucial to follow instructions carefully and use reputable sources.
Q: Can rooting a phone damage the device?
Rooting itself does not inherently damage a phone. However, if not performed correctly or if incompatible software is installed, it can lead to problems. Rooting may also expose the device to security risks if precautions are not taken. It is important to research and understand the process before attempting to root a phone.
Q: Can I unroot my phone?
Yes, it is possible to unroot a phone. Some rooting methods offer an option to unroot the device, which will reverse the process and restore the phone to its original state. However, it is important to note that unrooting may not always completely remove all traces, and it is recommended to follow proper instructions and backup data before attempting to unroot.