The ZTE Axon 7 is a feature-packed mobile phone that offers a plethora of advanced capabilities. Whether you are a new user or have been using the Axon 7 for a while, there are always helpful tips and tricks to enhance your experience with this impressive device. In this article, we will explore ten tips and tricks that will help you make the most out of your ZTE Axon 7. From maximizing battery life to customizing the user interface, we will delve into various aspects of this powerful smartphone. So, if you want to unlock the full potential of your ZTE Axon 7 and discover some hidden gems along the way, read on to find out more!
Inside This Article
- How to Take a Screenshot
- How to Enable Developer Options
- How to Use Split Screen
- How to Customize the Navigation Buttons
- How to Increase Battery Life
- How to Clear App Cache
- How to Enable One-handed Mode
- How to Disable App Notifications
- How to Set Custom Ringtones
- How to Use the Do Not Disturb Mode.
How to Take a Screenshot
When it comes to capturing and sharing moments on your ZTE Axon 7, taking a screenshot is a handy tool. Whether you want to save a memorable conversation, share a funny meme, or capture a high score in a game, capturing a screenshot is a simple process. Let’s explore how you can take a screenshot on your ZTE Axon 7:
Step 1: Locate the Power and Volume Down buttons on your ZTE Axon 7. The Power button is usually found on the right side, while the Volume Down button is on the left side of the device.
Step 2: Navigate to the screen you wish to capture, be it a text message, a webpage, or a photo.
Step 3: Simultaneously press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds.
Step 4: You will see a brief animation and hear a camera shutter sound, indicating that the screenshot has been successfully taken.
Step 5: To access your captured screenshot, open the Gallery app on your ZTE Axon 7.
Step 6: From the Gallery app, navigate to the “Screenshots” folder, where your captured screenshots are stored.
That’s it! You’ve successfully taken a screenshot on your ZTE Axon 7. Now you can easily share it with friends or keep it for future reference.
How to Enable Developer Options
If you’re a tech-savvy individual or someone who likes to tinker with their ZTE Axon 7, enabling Developer Options is a must. By enabling this hidden menu, you gain access to a wide array of advanced settings and debugging tools. Here’s how you can enable Developer Options on your ZTE Axon 7:
- Go to the Settings menu on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Scroll down and tap on “About phone.”
- Look for the “Build number” or “Build version” entry.
- Tap on the “Build number” entry repeatedly, around seven times, until you see a message confirming that you have become a developer.
- Once you see the confirmation message, go back to the main Settings menu.
- Scroll down to find the newly unlocked “Developer options” menu.
- Tap on “Developer options” to access and customize the advanced settings.
Enabling Developer Options on your ZTE Axon 7 allows you to experiment with various system settings and tweak your device according to your preferences. However, it’s important to note that some settings in the Developer Options menu can be sensitive and should be modified with caution.
So, whether you’re looking to enhance performance, optimize system settings, or debug issues on your ZTE Axon 7, enabling Developer Options gives you the freedom to explore and personalize your device to its full potential.
How to Use Split Screen
Using the split screen feature on your ZTE Axon 7 can greatly enhance your multitasking capabilities. With split screen, you can have two apps running side by side on your device’s screen, allowing you to view and interact with both simultaneously. Here’s how to use this handy feature:
1. Open the two apps you want to use in split screen mode. You can do this by either navigating to your home screen and opening the apps from there, or by using the recent apps menu to launch them.
2. Once both apps are open, tap the Recent apps button, usually located at the bottom of the screen. This will display the list of recently used apps.
3. Find the first app you want to use in split screen mode and long-press on its title bar. A menu will appear with several options.
4. From the menu, select “Split screen.” The app will now move to the top half of the screen, and the second half will display a list of recently used apps.
5. Scroll through the list of recently used apps and select the second app you want to use in split screen mode.
6. The second app will now open in the bottom half of the screen, and you can interact with both apps simultaneously.
7. To resize the split screen view, simply drag the black bar that separates the two apps up or down.
8. To exit split screen mode, either swipe the black bar all the way up or down until one app takes up the full screen, or tap the Recent apps button again and select “Exit split screen.”
Using split screen on your ZTE Axon 7 allows you to easily multitask and complete tasks more efficiently. Whether you want to browse the web while checking your emails or chat with friends while watching a video, the split screen feature will make it a breeze. Give it a try and make the most out of your device’s screen real estate.
How to Customize the Navigation Buttons
Customizing the navigation buttons on your ZTE Axon 7 can be a great way to personalize your device and make it even more user-friendly. Whether you want to change the order of the buttons or add new ones, the process is both simple and quick. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to customize the navigation buttons on your ZTE Axon 7.
1. Start by going to the Settings menu on your device. You can access this by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping on the gear icon.
2. In the Settings menu, scroll down and select “Display”.
3. From the Display menu, tap on “Navigation bar”.
4. You will now see a list of customization options for your navigation buttons. These can include changing the order of the buttons, adding new ones, or even hiding certain buttons that you don’t use frequently.
5. To change the order of the buttons, simply tap and hold on a button and drag it to the desired position. For example, if you prefer having the back button on the right side instead of the left, just drag it to the right.
6. If you want to add new buttons to the navigation bar, tap on the “Add button” option. This will allow you to choose from a variety of buttons such as a screenshot button, a clipboard button, or even a power button.
7. To hide a button that you don’t use, tap on the toggle switch next to the button’s name. This will remove it from the navigation bar.
8. Once you have customized the navigation buttons to your liking, tap on the “Save” or “Apply” button to save your changes.
That’s it! You have successfully customized the navigation buttons on your ZTE Axon 7. Now, navigating through your device will be even more tailored to your preferences.
Remember, you can always go back to the Navigation bar settings if you want to make further changes or revert back to the default settings. Play around with different customization options and find the setup that works best for you.
How to Increase Battery Life
One of the most common concerns for smartphone users is how to extend the battery life of their devices. With the increasing reliance on mobile phones for various tasks, a drained battery can be frustrating. Luckily, there are several tips and tricks you can employ to maximize battery life on your ZTE Axon 7. In this guide, we’ll explore some effective strategies to help you prolong the battery life of your device.
1. Adjust Screen Brightness: One of the biggest drains on your phone’s battery is the brightness level of your screen. Lowering the brightness can significantly extend battery life. You can either manually adjust it or set it to auto-brightness mode for more convenience.
2. Enable Battery Saver Mode: The ZTE Axon 7 comes with a built-in Battery Saver Mode that reduces power consumption by limiting background processes and reducing device performance. You can find this feature in the Settings menu under Battery.
3. Manage App Notifications: Frequent app notifications can lead to unnecessary battery drain. You can manage app notifications by going to Settings, selecting Apps, and then choosing the app you want to modify. From there, you can disable or customize the app’s notifications.
4. Disable Background App Refresh: Background App Refresh allows apps to refresh their content in the background, which can drain your battery. To disable this feature, go to Settings, select Apps, and choose the app you want to adjust. Look for the background app refresh option and turn it off.
5. Turn Off Vibration: While vibration alerts can be useful, they consume more battery power compared to regular notification sounds. Consider turning off vibration for calls, messages, and other app notifications to conserve battery life.
6. Use Wi-Fi Instead of Cellular Data: Using Wi-Fi for internet connectivity instead of cellular data can help save battery life. Wi-Fi consumes less power than cellular data, so whenever possible, connect to a trusted Wi-Fi network.
7. Disable Unused Connectivity Features: Features like Bluetooth, NFC, and GPS can drain battery life when not in use. Disable these features when you are not actively using them to conserve battery power.
8. Limit Background App Usage: Some apps run in the background even when you’re not using them, consuming precious battery power. Go to Settings and select Apps to see a list of running apps. Disable or force stop any apps that you do not need running in the background.
9. Use Dark Themes: The ZTE Axon 7 has an AMOLED display, which means that using dark or black themes can help save battery life. Dark colors require fewer pixels to light up, resulting in lower power consumption.
10. Keep Your Phone Cool: High temperatures can negatively impact battery life. Avoid placing your ZTE Axon 7 in direct sunlight or in hot environments. Additionally, using your phone while charging can generate heat, so try to minimize usage during charging.
By following these tips, you can significantly increase the battery life of your ZTE Axon 7. Remember to periodically check your battery usage statistics and make adjustments as needed. With a bit of proactive battery management, you can ensure that your device stays powered up and ready for whatever you throw at it.
How to Clear App Cache
Is your ZTE Axon 7 running slower than usual? Or are you experiencing glitches and app crashes? It might be time to clear the app cache on your device. Clearing the app cache can resolve these issues by eliminating temporary files and data that might be causing performance problems.
But how do you clear the app cache on your ZTE Axon 7? Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps.” This will open the list of all installed apps on your device.
- Find the app you want to clear the cache for and tap on it.
- On the app’s details page, you will see various options. Look for “Storage” and tap on it.
- You will now see the option to “Clear Cache.” Tap on it to proceed.
- A confirmation message will appear. Tap “OK” to clear the app cache.
Keep in mind that clearing the app cache will not delete any of your personal data or app settings. It will only remove temporary files and data that could be affecting the app’s performance.
If you frequently encounter issues with a specific app, it is recommended to clear its cache regularly to maintain optimal performance. You can repeat these steps for any other apps you want to clear the cache for.
It’s important to note that clearing the app cache is different from clearing the app data. Clearing the app data will delete all the app’s data, including your preferences and login information. It should only be done as a last resort if clearing the cache does not resolve the issues you’re facing.
Now that you know how to clear the app cache on your ZTE Axon 7, you can keep your device running smoothly and free from any performance issues caused by accumulated temporary files. Give it a try and experience a faster and more efficient smartphone!
How to Enable One-handed Mode
One-handed mode is a useful feature on the ZTE Axon 7 that allows you to easily operate your device with just one hand. Enabling this feature can be done in a few simple steps. Here’s how to enable one-handed mode on your ZTE Axon 7:
- Step 1: Go to the Settings menu on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Step 2: Scroll down and select the “Advanced settings” option.
- Step 3: Look for the “One-handed mode” feature and tap on it.
- Step 4: Toggle the switch to the “On” position to enable one-handed mode.
Once you’ve enabled one-handed mode, you can easily activate it by swiping up diagonally from either the left or right corner of the screen. This will shrink the display and make it easier to navigate with just one hand.
While in one-handed mode, you can also adjust the position of the shrunken display. Simply press and hold the arrow icon located at the bottom corner of the screen and slide it to your preferred position.
Furthermore, you can customize the size of the shrunken display in one-handed mode. To do this, go back to the “One-handed mode” settings and tap on “Display size.” From here, you can choose between small, medium, or large sizes, depending on your preference.
By enabling one-handed mode on your ZTE Axon 7, you’ll be able to comfortably use your device with just one hand, making it more convenient for tasks like typing, scrolling, and navigating through apps.
How to Disable App Notifications
App notifications can be a distraction, constantly interrupting your activities with unnecessary alerts. If you want to regain control over your device and eliminate the annoyance, you can easily disable app notifications on your ZTE Axon 7. Follow these simple steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps & notifications.”
- From the list of apps, select the app for which you want to disable notifications.
- Tap on “Notifications.”
- You will see various categories of notifications for that app. Toggle the switch next to each category to turn off the notifications you don’t want to receive.
- If you want to disable all notifications for that app, you can tap on the toggle switch at the top to turn off all notifications.
- Repeat these steps for each app for which you want to disable notifications.
By following these steps, you can regain control over which app notifications you receive on your ZTE Axon 7. Disabling unnecessary notifications will help you focus on what’s important and minimize distractions. Enjoy a more streamlined and personalized mobile experience!
How to Set Custom Ringtones
Setting a custom ringtone on your ZTE Axon 7 is a great way to personalize your phone and make it stand out from the crowd. Whether you want to use your favorite song or a unique sound, here are some simple steps to set a custom ringtone on your device.
1. Start by accessing the Settings menu on your ZTE Axon 7. You can do this by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the gear icon in the top-right corner, or by navigating to the app drawer and finding the Settings app.
2. Once in the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on the “Sound & notification” option. This will open a new menu where you can adjust various sound settings on your device.
3. In the “Sound & notification” menu, you will find a section called “Phone ringtone.” Tap on this option to open the ringtone selection screen.
4. On the ringtone selection screen, you will see a list of pre-installed ringtones that come with your ZTE Axon 7. Scroll through the list and choose the one you want to set as your ringtone. You can tap on the play button next to each option to preview the sound.
5. If you want to use a custom ringtone that is not on the pre-installed list, tap on the “Add ringtone” option at the bottom of the screen. This will open a file explorer where you can navigate to the location where your custom ringtone is stored.
6. Once you have chosen the custom ringtone file, tap on it to select it. You will then be taken back to the ringtone selection screen, where you can see your chosen custom ringtone at the top of the list.
7. Finally, tap on the back button to exit the Settings menu. Your custom ringtone is now set and will be used whenever you receive a call on your ZTE Axon 7.
Setting a custom ringtone is a simple yet effective way to customize your ZTE Axon 7 and make it reflect your personal style. Follow these steps, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite song or sound every time your phone rings.
How to Use the Do Not Disturb Mode.
Do Not Disturb mode is a useful feature on the ZTE Axon 7 that allows you to easily silence incoming notifications and calls. Whether you’re in a meeting, taking a nap, or simply need some uninterrupted time, enabling the Do Not Disturb mode can help you stay focused and avoid distractions. Here’s how to use it:
1. To access the Do Not Disturb settings, swipe down from the top of your screen to open the notification panel. Then, swipe down again to expand the quick settings.
2. Look for the “Do Not Disturb” icon, typically represented by a moon or a crossed-out bell symbol. Tap on it to enable the Do Not Disturb mode.
3. Once enabled, you can choose between different options for how you want Do Not Disturb mode to function. These options include:
- All notifications: This will completely silence all incoming calls and notifications.
- Prioritize notifications: You can customize which notifications you still want to receive, such as calls from specific contacts or reminders from certain apps.
- Alarms only: This mode will silence all notifications except for alarms, allowing you to still wake up on time.
4. Additionally, you can set a schedule for when you want Do Not Disturb mode to automatically activate. This can be useful if you have regular periods of the day when you don’t want to be disturbed, such as during work hours or while sleeping.
5. You can also choose to allow certain calls to bypass the Do Not Disturb mode. Tap on “Allow calls” under the Do Not Disturb settings and select “From contacts only” or “From starred contacts only” if you want to receive calls from specific people.
6. To disable the Do Not Disturb mode, simply swipe down from the top of your screen, open the notification panel, and tap on the “Do Not Disturb” icon again to turn it off.
The Do Not Disturb mode is a powerful tool that can help you maintain your focus and minimize interruptions. By customizing the settings and scheduling the mode to suit your needs, you can ensure that you have uninterrupted time whenever you need it.
After exploring all the helpful tips and tricks for the ZTE Axon 7, it is clear that this smartphone is a powerhouse in terms of performance and functionality. Whether you are a tech-savvy user or a first-time smartphone owner, the ZTE Axon 7 offers a range of features and customization options to enhance your mobile experience.
From optimizing battery life to maximizing storage capacity, to capturing stunning photos with its exceptional camera, the ZTE Axon 7 has proven to be a versatile and reliable device. Additionally, with its sleek design and high-quality display, this smartphone not only performs well but also looks great.
So, whether you are a multitasking professional, a passionate gamer, or an avid photographer, the ZTE Axon 7 is undoubtedly a worthwhile investment. Explore these tips and tricks to unlock the full potential of your ZTE Axon 7 and elevate your smartphone experience to new heights.
FAQ 1: How do I take a screenshot on the ZTE Axon 7?
Answer: You can take a screenshot on the ZTE Axon 7 by pressing the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously.
FAQ 2: How do I extend the battery life of my ZTE Axon 7?
Answer: To extend the battery life of your ZTE Axon 7, you can try the following tips:
- Lower the screen brightness
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC when not in use
- Limit background app refresh and notifications
- Use the battery saver mode
FAQ 3: Can I expand the storage of my ZTE Axon 7?
Answer: Yes, the ZTE Axon 7 has a microSD card slot that supports expandable storage of up to XXGB (replace XX with the maximum storage capacity supported by the device).
FAQ 4: How do I transfer files from my computer to my ZTE Axon 7?
Answer: You can transfer files from your computer to your ZTE Axon 7 by connecting the device to your computer via USB cable. Once connected, you can access the device’s storage and simply drag and drop files into the appropriate folder.
FAQ 5: Is the ZTE Axon 7 water-resistant?
Answer: No, the ZTE Axon 7 is not water-resistant. It is recommended to keep the device away from water and other liquids to avoid damage.