It’s official! Dragonite is the next character that will arrive on Pokémon’s multiplayer online battle arena video game. Pokémon Unite briefly made the announcement on Twitter that the draconic, bipedal Pokémon will arrive on the game on December 19 at 4:00 pm PT. They also confirmed that Dragonite will play as Ranged All-Rounder, which to their words “makes a big impact” on the game.
Attention Trainers! Dragonite was mistakenly listed as releasing on 11/19. As a correction, Dragonite’s release will be 12/19 at 4:00pm PT. https://t.co/neWLZk7O6g
— Pokémon UNITE (@PokemonUnite) December 13, 2021
Dragonite’s arrival will make it the 29th Pokémon to grace the Pokémon Unite, closely following the melee all-rounder grass-type Tsareena.
All About Dragonite
Dragonite is a first-generation dragon-flying Pokémon and also the first-ever pseudo legendary in the franchise. It is popular for having boosted basic attack that differs for each evolution. Because of their resemblance, many see Dragonite as a great match for the fire-spitting Charizard, which also happens to be an all-rounder in the game.
Pokemon Unite is yet to confirm what moveset Dragonite will bring to the game. But based on early leaks, it’s likely to be equipped with Dragon Breath, Outrage, and Draco Impact for a boost in damage. Like with other Pokémon characters in Pokémon Unite, Dragonite might also kick off the competition with its base form. In this case, we might see Dratini first before it gets to its final form.
Exciting Holiday Treats from Pokémon Unite
Dragonite’s arrival will coincide with the Pokémon Unite festivities, which will start on 15, 2021, and last until January 16. During this period, exciting log-in gifts will be given out. There will also be different challenges with enormous rewards to commence. Some of the exciting rewards to get are snapshot frame and background, licenses, fashion items, and more.
Here are the dates to save:
- December 9 to December 31, 2021. Unite license for Tsareena at no cost
- December 20. Unite license for Dragonite
- December 15, 2021 to January 16, 2022. Illumination Challenge. Compete in daily missions and challenges to light up the holiday tree.
- December 24, 2021 to January 6, 2022. Photo Challenge. Collect snowflakes to reveal a puzzle by competing in standard battles, quick battles and ranked matches.
- December 24, 2021 to January 6, 2022. New Quick Battle Map. Engage in 4-on-4 Snowball Battle in Shivre City.
- December 24, 2021 to January 1, 2022. Log in daily for special themed rewards and prize boxes.
- December 25 to December 28, 2021. Choose among prize boxes that contain Aeos coins, Holowear tickets, Aeos tickets, or item enhancers.
- December 29 to December 31, 2021. Get a prize box and pick a 7-day limited license for one of six Pokémon.
- January 1, 2022. New Year’s prize box will be available. You can pick one of four exclusive Trainer fashion items.