Are you battling with a mobile network not available error? We have explained in this article, why you can get such an error message and what you can do to resolve it. You don’t have to miss your most important and urgent phone calls to your friends, family, or to your workplace because of the devastating error message: Mobile network not found. Follow the simple and quick fixes we have provided in this article to eliminate such messages.
The Mobile network not available message can be caused by hardware issue or software issue. Nevertheless, in a lot of instances, these are simple issues with quick fixes that can get you back into a functional network in no time. We’ve covered all you can do here whether you are using T-mobile, Tt&t, Verizon, or even sprint. Once you know what’s causing the problem, and how to fix it, you can easily stop it from reoccurring.
These quick fixes work as a solution for Mobile Network Not Available both for Android phones, iPhones, Samsung and Feature Phones. It applies to all brands and models of mobile phones including but not limited to Nokia, Samsung, iPhone, and Chinese Tecno phones, Motorola, HTC, Xiaomi, Sony, Blackberry, Apple, Audiovox, LG, Panasonic, Huawei, and Sony Ericsson.
Need to make a phone call but your phone is experiencing problems? Maybe you need to buy a decent budget smartphone to make calls without any problems, right?
Types of Mobile Networks
All mobile phone comes with a wireless network connection that allows owners to make calls to anyone not located outside their network coverage; these mobile phones operate through various types of technologies. Different network service providers often do not make use of the same mobile network technology. This is why a phone that is a particular network unsuited for another network. By so doing, the different service providers make their exclusive offer to customers.
The most two commonly used cellular networks are the CDMA and GSM networks. You won’t normally use a phone made on the GSM network or one that was designed for the CDMA network and vice versa. In the USA for instance, Sprint and Verizon operate through the CDMA networks whereas AT&T and T-Mobile operate through the GSM network. Ting, on the other hand, runs on a hybrid model. It can work on the GSM network or on the CDMA network.
GSM stands for Global System for Mobile network. It is the most frequently used mobile network globally. As we have mentioned above, AT&T and T-Mobile function on the GSM network. A few more technologies that are incorporated into the GSM standard include GPRS and EDGE. These provide faster transfer of data on 2g GSM networks known as High-Speed Downlink Packet Access abbreviated as HSDPA.
CDMA stands for Code Division Multiple Access. It is a more recent mobile network technology that comes with a greater capacity for data transmission. Providers that operate on CDMA networks are Verizon and Sprint Nextel. For the 3g CDMA standard, the incorporated technology is the Evolution-Data Optimized or EV-DO.
The LTE stands for Long Term Evolution. It is the most recent generation of cellular technology referred to as 4g. AT&T and Verizon are working towards running on both LTE and LTE Advanced Networks.
WiMAX is another new entrant in the mobile technology world. It is a close competitor of LTE and the first 4g network developed by Sprint. The HTC Evo was the first 4g phone they developed.
The Network Part Of A Mobile Cell Phone
Let quickly give an overview of the network part of a mobile phone before we look at the issue of a Mobile network not available and how you can resolve it. The network part of your mobile phone including Android, iPhone, and feature Phone is the part that regulates both the incoming and outgoing calls. In a cellular phone, the Network part is regulated by the Network IC, PFO, and the Antenna.
Hardware Causes Of “Mobile Network Not Available” And Solutions
1. When you get the error message of the mobile network not available, do a manual search of a network, if you still can detect any network, the issue could be your Antenna Switch. You can fix this issue by either replacing or repairing the Antenna Switch.
2. If after conducting a manual search, you could detect a network but you could not detect the Home Network, the issue is from the PFO. To solve this issue of the mobile network not found error messages, replace or repair the PFO.
3. If the Network disconnects when you are making phone calls, then repair or replace the Network IC and clean the tips and point of the antenna on the phone.
4. If after you have done that you still get the message mobile network not available, you can either Heat or replace the 26 MHz Crystal Oscillator to fix the problem.
5. If you continue to get the message, mobile network not available, you can heat or replace the Antenna Switch. Alternatively, you can jumper if the phones Antenna Switch is not accessible.
6. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you can heat, change or jumper the PFO.
7. The next thing you can do is to heat, re-ball or replace the Network IC.
8. You can also heat, re-ball or replace the Power IC.
9. You can equally heat, re-ball or replace the CPU.
- If you get Low mobile Network, you can equally fix the issue. In this case, all you need to do is jumper the Antenna Socket.
- After you have done that, check the BSI of the Battery.
- If you can’t resolve the issue of the mobile network not found through these hardware fixes, you can solve it by checking on the following software fixes
Mobile Network Not Available: Software Quick Fixes
When you have tried the above hardware solutions and the problem still persists, you can Reload PM File in the Mobile Phone with the use of the Software Box. If you are using China Phone where you have SOS Call, you can copy SOS File from a related phone and reload it in your mobile phone that is getting the error message, mobile network not available.
Mobile Network Not Available: Manual Search Solution
When you get the error message mobile network not available, it could be that your phone could not establish an automatic connection with the network. If this is the case, follow the steps below to do a manual search and resolve the issue.
- Open your phone menu “Settings”.
- Beneath the “Wireless and Networks” tap on “More” and then hit on the “Mobile Networks” link.
- Hit on “Network Operators” and change the default setting which is “Automatic” to “Manual.”
- When you have done this, restart your device and this will fix the issue of your mobile network not available.
If the issue is not resolved with the above steps, do the following:
The issue of the mobile network not available could be caused by a firmware issue. In this case, all you need to do is update the Firmware so your phone runs on the latest version.
- Tap on your phones “Settings” menu.
- Navigate to the lower part of the options that show up and select the “About Phone”
- Choose the “System Update”
- If updates are available, download the firmware update to resolve the network issue.
Reset Your Phone
Another way you can solve the network not available issue is to reset your phone. You should only do this as a last resort and when you have backed up all your contacts, files and important messages. This brings back your phone to the original or default setting your phone has when you first purchased it.
- Go to the “Settings“ menu.
- Hit on the “Backup and Reset” button.
- Go to the opened menu choose “Factory Data Reset”
- This will delete all data on your phone and returns it to its original state.
SIM Card Adjustment solution
The error message could equally come because of the improper positioning of your sim card on the phone. Doing proper alignment can resolve such a network issue. This method also works when the cellular update fails on your phone.
- Turn off your phone and open the SIM card slot
- Reposition the SIM properly
- Bring out the card and return it after roughly 5 minutes. This will resolve the mobile network not available issue.
Phone Restart Solution
Another thing you can do to resolve the mobile network not available issue is to remove your phone battery and SIM card. Then restart your phone.
Final Thoughts On Mobile Network Not Available
Now you can bid goodbye to the error message issue through the tips we have provided in this article. So, whether you are looking for how to resolve the issue on your Samsung galaxy s4, Huawei, Tt&t, Verizon, or even sprint Sony Xperia, Lenovo, Verizon and T-mobile, Motorola, HTC, Xiaomi, Sony, Blackberry, Apple and more, these tips are all you need to get your phone back to fully functional network.
If your mobile hotspot is not working on your phone, here’s a guide that will fix your problem.