How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone? You probably have been there when you need to import contacts to iPhone from your android phones. One of the reasons you want to do this is because you got a new phone with the iOS operating system. Yes, rightly so, you are not alone. One of the first things to do when switching from an android phone to an iOS is to move contacts from android to iPhone. To do this effectively, no doubt, you need to, first of all, know how to export contacts from android to iPhone and this is where this article comes in to provide you a step by step tips you need to import contacts to iPhone.
There are many ways you can move contacts from android to iPhone and this involves the steps we have included in this article. This guide will serve as a handy help anytime you need to move your contacts from android to iPhone. Endeavor to bookmark so you don’t have to run from pillar to post asking friends, can you transfer contacts from android to iPhone via Bluetooth? This article has armed you with all the tools you’d need when that day comes. Before we delve deep into the topic, let’s start with an overview of the Android and iOS firmware.
Overview On The Differences In Android And iOS Firmware
All electronic devices and computers commonly feature firmware which is a word regularly utilized for referring to the fixed, regularly tiny programs and/or data system which controls the internal system of these devices. For your iPhone, firmware means its operating system, iOS. It commonly includes the following three components or some of them depending on your device model.
- the baseband
- the firmware itself also referred to as the BIOS or the boot ROM and
- the iPhone software which is the main iOS
Therefore, when you turn on your iPhone, the Boot ROM code starts to run and activate the hardware which includes the iPhone and the baseband. Once these are activated, it moves on to the last step to activate the iOS software.
An iOS firmware is thus an IPSW file that comprises all that is required for the core operating system of your device to run. The firmware of your iOS device to is entirely positioned inside the Core OS layer, and is made up of the kernel system, device drivers, and other hardware-facing software modules. The iOS operating system includes all inbuilt apps like Mail, Safari and Notes, together with the internal program of the phone that regulates processes like the booting and cellular network connection.
You can update the firmware of iPhones through iTunes on your PC. However, if your device already runs computer the more updated versions of iOS starting from the iOS 5, you can upgrade directly from your device by clicking on the “Software Update” accessible from the “General” tab setting of the app.
Unlike the iOS firmware, the Android firmware contains everything that is its operating system. It is saved in a writable memory form known as the NAND flash memory. Android firmware is frequently known as the Android ROM because you can’t write codes directly on it.
Initially, firmware only refers to small task-specific essential programs in read-only memory, or ROM, of an electronic device. Then, you can’t modify firmware or when it is achievable, you’d need specialized equipment which a standard end-user would not bother about.
Nowadays, the story has entirely changed with Android phones and tablets. Their firmware is commonly less rigid and open compared to that of iOS devices. You can now modify the firmware, although you must exercise caution doing that. Also, there is no other way to install the latest updates on your android device that is no more supported by the producers except by customizing the inbuilt firmware.
Methods Of Transferring Contacts From Android To iOS
How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone Through Bluetooth
The Bluetooth must be enabled on both your Android and iPhone for you to move contacts from android to iOS. Ensure the two devices are placed within Bluetooth range and place them in a discoverable mode so that other Bluetooth devices within the range can find them. Once you have done that, follow the steps below to transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone:
1. Tap on Apps from the screen of Android device
2. When the page opens go to Contacts and tab on it.
3. Tap on MORE.
4. Choose the option to Share and when it opens,
5. Tap on the select the contacts to SHARE with your iPhone through Bluetooth.
6. Tap on Bluetooth. If it is only one contact that you are transferring hit on the tab, vCard file (VCF)
7. Select the target device which is your iPhone. The contacts will start to transfer to your iPhone. When prompted on your iPhone, allow the device to accept contact and follow any prompt messages to ensure a successful installation.
How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone With Your Google Account
Because the two devices support Google, you can easily move your contacts from an Android device to your iPhone with the use of the same Google account. To begin the process of how to sync contacts from android to iPhone, follow the steps below:
1. Open Settings on your Android device
2. Tab on Accounts and Sync.
3. Type your Gmail and allow syncing
4. Go to your iPhone, tap on the Settings.
5. Choose Contacts.
6. Tap on the tab that says Add Account.
7. Once the panel opens, type the same email account you entered in your android device.
8. When you finish all these processes of transferring the contact, sign in to your Google account and click on enable Contacts.
Once you’ve done that the entire contacts on that your email account will sync straight-away into your iPhone.
How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone Through iTunes
If iTunes is on your PC, that’s another way to move your contacts from an android to iOS device. Before you start to wonder, how can you transfer contacts from android to iPhone, follow the steps below:
1. Using a USB cord link up your Android device to your Windows PC and sync contacts to Windows Address Book or Outlook Express.
2. Then link up your iPhone to the PC and open iTunes.
3. Once on the iTunes dashboard, click on the iPhone icon.
4. From the drop-down menu options click on Info on the left side of the panel.
5. Once you have done this, select the Sync Contacts with Windows Contacts or Outlook and hit on All contacts tab.
This will initiate the transfer of your android device contacts from iTunes to your iPhone.
How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone Via SIM Card
You can equally transfer contacts on your Sim card from an Android device to an iOS device. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Transfer the contacts on your android device to your SIM card.
2. Pull the SIM card out of your Android phone and;
3. Transfer the SIM card to your iPhone.
4. Go to the settings tab on your iPhone, and from the drop-down menu select the Contacts menu and finally the Import SIM contacts.
You can only do this if your android SIM card is supported on your iPhone.
How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iOS Using Move To iOS
Another popular way to transfer contacts from an Android device to an iPhone is through the Move to iOS app. This commonly works during the first time you’re setting up your iPhone. To move contacts from android to iPhone through this means follow the steps below:
1. Launch your iPhone setup wizard and when it gets to the Apps & Data interface.
2. Tap on the Apps & Data screen and move down to the option that says Move Data from Android.
3. Pick up your Android device and download the Move to iOS app from Google Play. After installing the app, run the app on your Android device and hit on the button Continue.
4. Equally, pick up your iPhone and click on Continue. Once a code pops up on the screen of your iOS device; type the code on your android device.
5. Now, pick up your Android device, choose Contacts and click on Next to start the file transfer.
You can equally move other files from your Android device to your iPhone. All you need to do is select the files you want to transfer together with your contacts.
How to transfer your contacts from an android device to an iOS iPhone is a simple step by step process. With these easy steps, you should be able to import contacts to iPhone within matters of minutes.