As innovation arises, we canât avoid encountering problems brought by them. This is true especially when technology is concerned. There are a lot of flagship phones available. With this number of phones rising, we canât avoid our old phones to be phased out or left behind. Additionally, our phones are sometimes encountering many technical problems. With that, we tend to buy a new phone just to solve the problem. That’s where Odin Flash Tool comes in.
However, a tool that will help in solving device firmware issues was developed. This tool is of great help in managing, maintaining, and controlling the problems we encounter with our device. Also, it helps in recovering, upgrading, degrading, and dealing with other technical problems with our device. To sum it all up, it can give another life to our device with its full functions.
Odin Flash Tool will help us in different issues we encounter with our Android device. Samsung developed it to help its consumers. This is the best tool for solving firmware issues. But what is Odin Flash Tool?
In this article, we will discuss everything that you need to know about the Odin Flash Tool.
What Is Odin Flash Tool?
Odin Tool is also known as Samsung Flash Tool. Samsung developed and used this tool internally. It helps users to flash firmware, recovery, and custom ROMs on their Samsung devices. Furthermore, using Odin can strengthen the functions and systems of mobile phones. This way, they will work efficiently. Also, Odin is useful for unbricking some Android devices. Additionally, this flash tool works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. To use the Odin tool, using a PC is necessary. However, if you already have TWRP on your Samsung device that uses Odin, thereâs no need to re-use Odin. Also, Odin is useful in fixing boot loop issues or any problems on Samsung devices.
At first, Odin’s use was for internal usage of the Samsung Android service centers. However, the latest version was made available for the public to use in boot looping. Moreover, with this tool, official and unofficial firmware is possible. It means that there will be no restrictions and breaking of the Knox security. With that, the warranty of your device will still be valid.
Additionally, Odin is a must-have tool if you want to modify your phone. These modifications include installing custom recoveries and flashing custom ROMs. Also, it helps in flashing stock firmware and rooting Samsung Android phones. Furthermore, it is powerful, lightweight, and is widely used by Android phone users.
Devices Supported By Odin Flash Tool
Supported Samsung Galaxy J Series
Samsung Galaxy J2, Samsung Galaxy J4, Samsung Galaxy J5, Samsung Galaxy J7, and Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro/Prime
Supported Samsung Galaxy A Series
Samsung Galaxy A5, Samsung Galaxy A7, Samsung Galaxy A8, Samsung Galaxy A9, Samsung Galaxy A50, Samsung Galaxy A10, Samsung Galaxy A20, Samsung Galaxy A30, Samsung Galaxy A50, Samsung Galaxy A60, Samsung Galaxy A70, Samsung Galaxy A80, Samsung Galaxy A10s, Samsung Galaxy A20s, Samsung Galaxy A30s, Samsung Galaxy A50s, and Samsung Galaxy A70s
Supported Samsung Galaxy M Series
Samsung Galaxy M10, Samsung Galaxy M20, Samsung Galaxy M20s, Samsung Galaxy M30s, Samsung Galaxy M30, and Samsung Galaxy M40
Supported Samsung Galaxy S Series
Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S9, and Samsung Galaxy S10
Supported Samsung Galaxy Note Models
Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, and other Samsung Galaxy devices.
Where To Download Odin Flash Tool
Odin has different versions. Here are some of these versions, download links, and compatible operating systems.
Before Android KitKat
Version: Odin V1.85
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin_v1.85.zip
Version: Odin 3Â v3.07
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin_v3.07.zip
After Android KitKat And Jelly Bean
Version: Odin v3.09.5
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin_v3.09.zip
Version: Odin V3.10
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin_3.10.0.zip
Version: Odin v3.10.3
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
Version: Odin v3.10.5
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
Version: Odin v3.10.6
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
Version: Odin v3.10.7
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.7.zip
After Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Version: Odin v3.11.1
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip
Version: Odin 3Â v3.12.3
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.12.3.zip
Version: Odin 3.12.4
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.12.4_4.zip
Version: Odin 3.12.5
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.12.5.zip
Version: Odin 3.12.7
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.12.7.zip
Version: Odin 3.12.10
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.12.10.zip
After Android 9.0 Pie
Version: Odin 3.13.1
Download Link: https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.13.1.zip
For Newer Devices Like Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note S10, And Galaxy Note S20 Series
Version: Odin v3.13.3
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lO_ZuIDz6T6Qi33wVsIONN7xxLEcseSZ
After Android 10
Version: Odin v3.14.1
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BWBQ1uuN2v3iUywyZO8hmWSsSesBDJhi
Version: Odin v3.14.4
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Oyd9Q1oDteBSdKUkTZNn4mKflZAvwWb
How To Download Odin Flash Tool
You can download Samsung Odin through the third-party website or from Samsungâs official site for free.
- Search for a third-party website or Samsung official site for the Samsung Odin download.
- Select the âDownload Odinâ option.
- Download the Zip file.
- Right-click on the downloaded Zip file.
- Select Extract
- Select the extracted folder
- Open the â.exeâ file
- The tool will automatically launch on your system.
How To Install Odin
After downloading the Odin Flash Tool software, you can now install it. Here are the ways on how you can install the tool.
- Using a zip opener like WinRAR, extract the zip file.
- After extracting, open the extracted folder.
- In the folder, you will see the âOdin.exeâ file. To run it, double click.
- It is recommended to run Odin as an administrator.
How To Use Odin Flash Tool
Before using the Odin Flash tool, here are some of the requirements:
- Your Samsung Galaxy device
- The downloaded Odin Flash Tool
- To connect the Samsung device to your PC, download the latest version of Samsung USB Drivers.
- Install the downloaded Samsung USB Drivers.
- Go to Settings, and then enable developer options on your Android phone.
- Download SamFirm. Doing that, you can download the official Samsung Firmwares for any Samsung smartphone.
- You need to back-up all the existing data that are stored on your smartphone.
- Be sure that your phone has at least a 30% battery before flashing.
Steps In Using The Odin Flash Tool
After you downloaded the Odin Flash Tool, you can now use it. Here are the steps on how to use this tool on your smartphone.
- Be sure that you have downloaded the USB driver for your phone on your Windows PC.
- From trusted sources, download the firmware file for your device. These sources can be SamMobile or SamFirm.
- After downloading the firmware file, extract it.
- Power off your Samsung device.
- Make the Odin tool as the administrator on your Windows PC.
- Now, reboot your Samsung device into download mode.
- To reboot your device, press and hold Vol down+power+home for about six seconds.
- If you see a warning sign, press the âVolume Upâ button to continue.
- While your PC is in the Odin Mode, connect your Samsung device to it via USB cable.
- Check at the ID: COM section to make sure that your Samsung device is connected to Odin.
- Click on the AP button.
- Select the extracted firmware file to flash.
- Wait for the Odin Flash tool to analyze the file.
- Press the âStartâ button to start flashing the firmware.
- Wait for its completion. It may take around five minutes.
- If the procedure is finished, you will see the âPassâ message. Furthermore, your phone will automatically reboot in Stock Recovery Mode.
- When the phone vibrates and gets on, press and hold Vol down+home buttons.
- From the displayed menu, select âWipe Data/Factory Resetâ from the options.
- Finally, select âReboot System Now.â
What Is Smartphone Flashing?
We are familiar with the term âPhone Flashing.â However, we donât know what it means. Also, we have no idea of the purpose of doing this. It is specifically flashing the ROM of your phone. Flashing a ROM means installing a ROM on your phone to change or update the original operating system. Moreover, phone flashing revolves around upgrading, erasing, and replacing. This is upgrading the software, erasing the memory or operating system of your phone, and replacing it for any other reason.
Purposes Of Smartphone Flashing
People have different reasons or purposes for flashing their smartphones. These can be to upgrade or repair their smartphones. Here are some of the reasons or purposes for why people flash their smartphones.
- Android versions keep on changing over time. With that, there is always a need to upgrade our phones. This way, we can keep our phones optimized for the latest software and apps updates.
- People want their locked phones from one network to be used on a different network.
- Some want to change the operating system of their phones.
- There are times that phones freeze at boot logo or during usage.
- Some people want to modify their smartphones. This helps them to get new features and customizations. Also, they want to remove bloatware and alter custom UI.
- Smartphones are constantly or occasionally rebooting. They just turn on and off.
- Thereâs a network or signal problem.
- People want to enjoy the later versions of Android and have a better experience.
- System crash or systems instability
- Batteries are easily discharged.
- Smartphones are getting very slow or always lagging.
- IMEI issues
- To unlock phone patterns or security codes.
- To restore stock firmware of the devices.
- Downgrading the deviceâs software to a specific version or build.
The Pros And Cons Of Flashing The Device
Naturally, when we decide to flash our device, we are expecting them to be better than the old version. However, we canât avoid them to somehow dissatisfy or bring us problems. We will then realize that flashing our devices will always present the pros and cons. Here are some of the pros and cons of flashing our devices:
- Your phone will be upgraded and will be optimized for the latest software and apps updates.
- Provides smart user experience
- Provides new features
- Improve usage of the battery
- Better user experience on camera
- Fixes bugs
- Bringing back manufacturerâs default settings
- You can change your network cellular carrier
- Upgrade and degrade to a different version of the operating system
- Can erase the phone memory
- Deleting of important information
- Can lose some of the phoneâs features
- Can void the phoneâs warranty
- Risk of bricking your Android phone
Benefits And Features Of Samsung Odin Flash Tool
- This tool can be used in flashing a Custom or a Stock ROM of your device. The purpose is for recovering from boot loop or software corruption. Also, it helps in resetting FRP for security reasons.
- It helps in rooting Android phones. Rooting is the way of bypassing some restrictions on the device that the manufacturers put on. One example is uninstalling a built-in system application.
- This tool allows users to pick the version of the firmware that they want to have for their device.
- Odin Flash Tool offers a user-friendly and intuitive UI. This makes flashing much simple.
- It can automatically discover issues with your device. With that, it carries out all the actions needed to fix the detected problem. Moreover, it can also download, extract, and install the needed firmware in flashing your device automatically. With that, thereâs an assurance of your phoneâs security.
- It helps in repairing smart devices from different software bugs.
- This tool can flash the custom ROM. This way, it helps in gaining the most from its hidden features.
- It allows you to engage in modem flashing. This is done by correcting errors that are related to the internet connection.
Improve Your Android Phone With Odin Flash Tool
People nowadays are very dependent on their devices. They make their mobile phones inseparable with them. However, with so many advanced applications arising, they are times that we intend to replace our devices. But that will not be possible because it may cost us a lot. In order to upgrade our Samsung Android phones and enjoy them better, we need to flash them. It is when the Odin Flash Tool will be of great help.
Odin Flash Tool offers a lot of amazing features that are beneficial to Android users. Not just that it helps in repairing our devices but also upgrades them. Furthermore, it provides a lot of wonderful experience to smartphone users. Moreover, this efficient tool provides an advanced interface to our devices. With that, we can enjoy the new features from our old Android phones with the help of the Odin Flash Tool.
Now, itâs your turn to download the Odin Flash Tool and enjoy the new features on your smartphone. Moreover, there is a possibility that you will be able to do the repair of your Android phone.