You might be asking, is it really possible to download videos straight out of Twitter? The answer is yes! While it won’t be as straightforward as downloading photos from Twitter — because you can’t do it on the app itself — there are several workarounds to try. So, whether it’s a short clip of dogs and cats fighting or a quick recipe to follow, you can freely save them on your devices to watch later.
So, your next question would be, “how to download Twitter videos?” If you are among those curious ones, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will teach you what tools to use and how the trick works in mobile and web browsers.
Also read: How To Use Twitter App: A Starter’s Guide
Inside This Article
Let’s first go over how to save videos out of Twitter using a web browser. Anyone who is familiar with how to download YouTube videos would find using these services easy to understand. Personally, we do like downloading videos from Twitter using a browser because, well, it’s where we learn most things about the Internet. But we’ll also cover how to do it on mobile later on.
Below are online applications you can use to download videos from Twitter.
SaveTweetVid is a free online tool where users can save videos from Twitter and convert them to files like MP4 and MP3. The website does not require its users to register for them to avail of their services. However, users need to have a registered Twitter account to be able to save the videos.
TwitterVideoDownloader is a web app tool that allows users to download videos and GIFs uploaded over Twitter. Videos downloaded through TwitterVideoDownloader are automatically uploaded as MP4 and can be saved to your phone or computer directly.
This web tool downloads any videos uploaded over Twitter and can be downloaded as MP4 or MP4 HD files. Download-Twitter-Videos is 100% free. Moreover, it is also pretty straightforward; one click of the download button and the video will be downloaded into your computer right away.
SaveFrom.Net is another decent option for a web app/tool where videos from Twitter can be downloaded in an MP4 file format into your computer. It’s fast, easy, and 100% guaranteed safe.
So, how exactly do these web apps/tools work, you might ask? Say no more. Here’s the process of how to download Twitter videos using these clients.
- On Twitter, click the Share button of the video > click Copy link to tweet.
- Load the download client/website.
- Paste the link of the Twitter video on the URL bar on the website.
- Select the file format you wish the video to be saved.
- Click Download.
The video download progress will be shown on the bottom of your screen if you are using Google Chrome.
Saving a video uploaded over Twitter using a smartphone or tablet is as easy as using a web tool. It follows the same fashion; you would have to use an app to download the video. Below are some apps to use.
|Download Twitter Videos||An easy and fast app to save videos uploaded to Twitter. Twitter videos and GIFs can be downloaded in different file formats and sizes, be saved into your phone, and be shared to other platforms.||Download App|
|Video Downloader for Twitter||This app allows you to save videos from Twitter in HD, SD, and other resolutions available for the video. Similar to other apps, this can download videos and GIFs into your phone easily.||Download App|
|TwiMate Downloader||Regarded by many as the go-to app for this niche. It’s easy to use and 100% free. Plus, it provides different download resolutions for video downloads.||Download App|
|TwiTake||Another decent app to use for saving videos and GIFs from Twitter. Similar to other apps we listed, this one is 100% free and easy to use.||Download App|
So, how do you go about using any of these apps? The steps are fairly simple and almost the same.
- On Twitter, load the tweet with the video upload.
- Tap the share button > tap Share Tweet Via.
- Choose the video downloader app you have on your phone.
- Tap the Download button on the app.
- Choose the resolution or file format for the video.
Wait for the video to download into your phone. Once done, you can go ahead and watch the video or share them on other platforms.
Apple’s Shortcuts app is a very robust and powerful app in its own right. Apple mobile device users can now have too much efficiency with just a few taps on their devices, thanks to this app. And for this, we will be using the Shortcuts app to demonstrate how to save videos from Twitter into your iPhone or iPad.
- First, open your Settings app > tap Shortcuts.
- Turn Allow Untrusted Shortcuts on. This is necessary for you to add a shortcut that is self-created and is not natively available on the Shorcuts gallery such as the Twitter Video Downloader V2.6.
- Go ahead and click this link to download the Twitter video downloader shortcut.
- Shortcuts app will recognize the addition. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- The shortcut will be added to your Shortcuts gallery for use.
- On Twitter, tap the Share button of the tweet with the video.
- Locate Twitter Video Downloader V2.6 from the options.
- The video downloader shortcut will launch and ask you to select a resolution option.
- Once that’s done, the shortcut will do its work.
The downloaded video will be ready for viewing on your Photos app.
Twitter is a good place to view short videos that might interest you. A lot of accounts do upload videos covering many genres and niches. This also makes Twitter a good place to get your video files and share them with friends. These video downloader web tools and apps are here to help you save these videos for later. However, given the dynamic nature of the Internet, some of these apps might change their terms and conditions. Nonetheless, we don’t think any of these services will end any time soon and will be there for the long haul to help you download your videos.