Game developer Butterscotch Shenanigans has announced its 2016 hit game app Crashlands is making its way to Apple Arcade as Crashlands+. There’s is no exact date given for the release, but Apple Arcade data displays its expected to arrive on January 21, 2022.
Crashlands is currently available on mobile, Steam, and Nintendo Switch as a standalone game. Since its release in 2016, Butterscotch Shenanigans has released a number of updates and features to inject more dynamics into the adventure-crafting RPG.
Crashlands Game Background
Crashlands is an adventure-crafting RPG whose gameplay revolves around a story arc. The game is also teeming with personality-bloated characters which makes the game more perky and fun.
Essentially, the gameplay involves crashing on a planet and the goal is to rebuild your ship by getting tools from a local 7-Eleven. Players also have to build tools to bring down the planet’s resources. In the process, players get to discover new recipes and build things needed in exploring the world where the game is taking place. The ultimate goal is to be the master of time and space.
How to Get Crashlands+ on Apple Arcade
Butterscotch Shenanigans is releasing the game on Apple Arcade and will soon join the roster of great Apple Arcade games soon. With this announcement, the game is only going to be available to Apple Arcade subscribers. The game itself is free, but you need an Apple Arcade monthly subscription to access it along with some 200 games on the platform. If you want to get Crashlands+, here’s how to start an Apple Arcade subscription:
- Go to the Arcade tab of the App Store and look for the subscription offer using your Apple device.
- Select the trial subscription offer.
- Sign in with the Apple ID that you use for Media & Purchases.
- Add or confirm your billing information.
- Confirm by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
Once done, you can start buying/downloading games exclusive on Apple Arcade. Apple Arcade costs $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year.
Patch Notes History
Developer Butterscotch Shenanigans has released one major patch that fixed the game’s issues as they arise. Below is a patch note released for the game.
1.5.82-rc.0 (May 18, 2021)
- Fixed an issue where cloud saves would sometimes be uploaded twice, redundantly.
- Updated beta tester names in the post-game credits.
- If you are playing on a save that is backed up in the cloud but your local progress is behind the cloud’s, you will be prompted that the local progress is cloned and you need to go to the saves menu to decide which save you want.