Unleash your inner Arcane and battle like League of Legends champions in PUBG Mobile version 1.7. The new game mode released on 15 November is a collaboration with Riot Games to effectively bring Runeterra into the PUBG Universe. PUBG Mobile: Arcane will allow players to play Riot’s Arcane characters like Jinx, Vi, Caitlyn, and Jayce in a battle royale like no other.
PUBG Mobile made the announcement early in November, which has now come to reality. In a video shared on Twitter, PUBG shows off cool features, skills, and abilities Arcane characters possess within the new game mode. However, it remains to be seen whether those features are widely present in the battle royal mode or just in other small modes only.
Download PUBG Mobile: Arcane for Android
Download PUBG Mobile: Arcane for iOS
Features of PUBG Mobile: Arcane
PUBG Mobile version 1.7 will feature a so-called “Mirror Island” in Erangel merging it with the League of Legends Universe. Players can embark on the new game mode by going into the Mirror Island. Here, they will morph into any of the Arcane characters with their specific set of weapons, skills, and abilities.
Unleash your inner Arcane! 💥
Become your favorite champion from Arcane and fight on the streets of Piltover and Zaun on Mirror Island!
🔗 https://t.co/HCSWnaVBiU #PUBGMOBILE #PUBGMXARCANE #Arcane pic.twitter.com/nBsaUkrton
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) November 15, 2021
The crossover is a chance for many players to experience the gameplay of League of Legends within the confines of PUBG Mobile. Additionally, the limited-time-only crossover will also focus on the Arcane universe as seen on Netflix rather than it being about League of Legends entirely. Moreover, the battle royal mode is going to feature a third-person, shooter version of Runeterra.
Unfortunately, PUBG Mobile version 1.7 isn’t likely to feature any other League of Legends characters as this new patch focuses heavily on Arcane and what the world sees in the Netflix adaptation despite it being based on League of Legends.
Other PUBG Patch Details
Fans can also expect other patch inclusions aside from the collaboration with Riot Games, which will only run for a limited time. Below are details shared by PUBG on a press release.
Royale Pass Month 5: Mirror Realm
- Inclusion will be available from 19 November to 19 December.
- The patch will feature Vanguard and Lethal Creepster.
- Skins for the Kar98K and MK47. These will be in the Duty Till the End finish.
- It is expected Tencent will continue bringing old modes back to PUBG Mobile.
- Vikendi will be live on 16 November and will support rooms along with spectating.
- Metro Royale: Reunion will arrive on 22 November and will feature a new Carry.
- The Survive Till Dawn will launch on 25 November and will be available every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- The Infection Mode will be live from 25 November onwards every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- The Payload 2.0 will arrive on 29 November and will be available every Monday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- The Runic Power mode will be live from 30 November onwards and will be available every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
- Marksman Rifles: Tencent has said that the marksman rifles aren’t being used very much. Thus, they are getting a buff which includes increased damage at long range, bullet speed, and recovery speed to increase their effectiveness.
- SLR: Increase in recovery speed and bullet speed.
- SKS: Increase in recovery speed and bullet speed.
- Mini14: Increase in long-range damage.
- VSS: Slight increase in weapon damage.
- DP28: According to Tencent, the weapon has been performing too well. Thus it’s getting a nerf. The bullet speed, long-range damage, and headshot damage have been reduced.
Arcane on Netflix
Arcane is available for streaming on Netflix in most parts of the globe. Early this week, the second act of the highly acclaimed League of Legends-based series has already been released. Moreover, Netflix says the final act will debut on Nov. 20 at 2 am CT.