Are you frustrated by the Discover Bar on your Samsung phone? You’re not alone. Many Samsung users find this feature to be intrusive and unnecessary, taking up valuable screen real estate. But fear not, because in this article, we’ll show you how to get rid of the Discover Bar on your Samsung phone once and for all. Whether you have a Galaxy S21, Note 20, or any other Samsung model, our step-by-step guide will help you regain control over your phone’s home screen. Say goodbye to unwanted clutter and hello to a cleaner, more streamlined user experience. So let’s dive in and banish the Discover Bar from your Samsung phone for good!
Inside This Article
- – Method 1: Disabling the Discover Bar through Settings
- Method 2: Removing the Discover Bar using a Third-Party Launcher
- – Method 3: Disabling the Discover Bar through Bloatware Disabler
- – Method 4: Disabling the Discover Bar using ADB Commands
– Method 1: Disabling the Discover Bar through Settings
If you’re looking to get rid of the Discover Bar on your Samsung phone, one of the easiest methods is to disable it through the device’s settings. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Unlock your Samsung phone and open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications” (the wording may vary depending on the Samsung model and Android version).
- In the Apps menu, you’ll find a list of all the installed applications on your phone. Look for the application named “Discover” or “Samsung Daily”.
- Tap on the Discover app to open its settings.
- Inside the Discover app settings, you’ll find an option to disable or turn off the Discover Bar. It may be labeled as “Disable” or have a toggle switch.
- Toggle the switch or select the “Disable” option to turn off the Discover Bar.
- You may also have the option to uninstall updates for the Discover app, which could remove the Discover Bar from your phone entirely. However, keep in mind that this might also affect other aspects of the app.
After following these steps, the Discover Bar should be disabled or turned off on your Samsung phone. This method is straightforward and doesn’t require any additional software or technical knowledge.
Method 2: Removing the Discover Bar using a Third-Party Launcher
If you’re looking for a more customized and feature-rich solution to remove the Discover Bar from your Samsung phone, using a third-party launcher is a great option. Third-party launchers are alternative home screen apps that allow you to customize the look and feel of your phone’s interface.
Here’s how you can remove the Discover Bar using a third-party launcher:
- First, head over to the Google Play Store and search for a third-party launcher that suits your preferences. Popular launchers such as Nova Launcher, Action Launcher, and Microsoft Launcher offer a wide range of customization options.
- Once you’ve installed the launcher of your choice, open it and go through the initial setup process.
- Next, navigate to the launcher’s settings. The exact location may vary depending on the launcher you’re using, but it’s typically found by long-pressing on the home screen or through the launcher’s app icon in the app drawer.
- In the settings menu, look for an option related to home screen layout or customization.
- Within the home screen customization options, you should find the ability to remove or hide the Discover Bar. This can be done by disabling widgets or app suggestions from the home screen.
- Once you’ve made the necessary adjustments, exit the settings menu and return to your home screen.
- You should now notice that the Discover Bar has been successfully removed, giving you a cleaner and more personalized home screen experience.
Using a third-party launcher not only allows you to remove the Discover Bar, but it also opens up a world of customization possibilities. You can personalize your home screen with different themes, icons, and gestures, giving your Samsung phone a unique look and feel.
Keep in mind that while third-party launchers offer great flexibility, they may also introduce some performance overhead and slightly impact battery life. However, the trade-off for a more tailored user experience is often worth it for many users.
So, if you’re seeking a more customizability and a Discover Bar-free experience on your Samsung phone, give a third-party launcher a try and enjoy a fresh new look for your device.
– Method 3: Disabling the Discover Bar through Bloatware Disabler
If you’re looking for an alternative method to get rid of the Discover Bar on your Samsung phone, using a bloatware disabler app is a viable option. Bloatware disabler apps allow you to disable or uninstall pre-installed system apps, including the Discover Bar.
To disable the Discover Bar using a bloatware disabler:
- Firstly, you need to download and install a bloatware disabler app from the Google Play Store. There are several options available, such as Package Disabler Pro, BK Package Disabler, or Debloater.
- Once the app is installed, open it and grant the necessary permissions.
- Look for the Discover Bar or any related system app that you want to disable. It may be listed under different names, such as “Finder” or “Samsung Daily.”
- Select the app from the list and tap on the disable or uninstall option. Be careful not to disable any other essential system apps.
- Confirm the action and wait for the app to disable the Discover Bar.
- Restart your Samsung phone to ensure the changes take effect.
After following these steps, the Discover Bar should no longer be visible on your Samsung phone’s home screen or app drawer. However, keep in mind that disabling or uninstalling system apps using a bloatware disabler app can have implications on the overall functionality of your device. Exercise caution and make sure to only disable apps you are confident won’t affect the normal operation of your phone.
If you decide to re-enable the Discover Bar in the future, you can simply go back to the bloatware disabler app and enable the previously disabled app.
With the help of a bloatware disabler app, you can easily free up space on your Samsung phone and remove unwanted pre-installed apps, including the Discover Bar, giving you more control over your device’s user experience.
– Method 4: Disabling the Discover Bar using ADB Commands
If you’re comfortable with using command-line tools and have access to a computer, you can disable the Discover Bar on your Samsung phone using ADB commands. ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is a versatile command-line tool that allows you to interact with your Android device from a computer.
Before you begin, make sure you have ADB installed on your computer. You can download the Android SDK platform tools, which include ADB, from the official Android developer website. Once you have ADB set up, follow these steps:
- Connect your Samsung phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings, then About phone. Locate the build number and tap it seven times to enable Developer options. Now, go back to Settings, find Developer options, and enable USB debugging.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer.
- Enter the following command to check if your device is successfully connected to ADB:
adb devices. You should see your device’s serial number listed if the connection is successful.
- Next, enter the command
adb shellto access the shell of your device.
- Now, enter the command
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.discoveryto disable the Discover Bar. This command uninstalls the Discover Bar package from your device.
- Once the command is executed, you can exit the shell by typing
exitand press Enter.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and restart it.
After following these steps, the Discover Bar should be successfully disabled on your Samsung phone. If you ever want to re-enable it, you can do so by entering the following command in the command prompt or terminal window:
adb shell cmd package install-existing com.samsung.android.app.discovery.
It’s important to note that using ADB commands requires some technical knowledge and carries some risks. If you’re not familiar with ADB or uncomfortable with command-line tools, it’s best to try one of the other methods mentioned earlier.
Getting rid of the Discover Bar on your Samsung phone can greatly enhance your user experience by removing unwanted clutter and distractions. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can effectively disable or remove the Discover Bar from your device’s home screen.
Remember, the exact method may vary depending on the model of your Samsung phone and the software version it’s running. If the methods provided in this article don’t work for your specific device, consider reaching out to Samsung support or visiting their official website for further assistance.
Once you have successfully removed the Discover Bar, you can enjoy a cleaner and more personalized home screen, allowing you to easily access your favorite apps and widgets without any unwanted distractions. Take control of your Samsung phone’s interface and optimize it according to your preferences.
Now, you can enjoy a streamlined and clutter-free user interface on your Samsung phone, creating an efficient and personalized experience tailored to your needs.
1. How can I get rid of the discover bar on my Samsung phone?
2. Will removing the discover bar affect the performance of my Samsung phone?
3. Can I customize the discover bar on my Samsung phone?
4. Are there any alternative methods to remove the discover bar on my Samsung phone?
5. Will removing the discover bar on my Samsung phone void my warranty?