A week after Fortnite gave us a new social hub through the Party Worlds, a much exciting chapter has begun for the battle royale game. This means that it has undergone dramatic changes that may disorient returning players. The first season of Fortnite’s third chapter brings crossovers, new weapons, weather effects, and an entirely new map that they described as a flipped version of Season 2. We covered all these exciting changes here.
Fortnite Movement and Mechanics Updates
Epic Games has added a fresh slate of movement abilities in Fortnite for Chapter 3. Players can now slide downhill to evade enemies, while still shooting fires. The crawling ability for downed players was also heavily boosted. Other than being able to move faster, knocked players can still pick up items, sort their inventory, and open chests and doors.
But, what stirs the most excitement this season is the cameo of Spider-Man complete with his web-slinging (or shooting) skills. Starting December 11, players will be able to pick up Spider-Man’s web-shooters to swing on buildings. Epic Games confirmed that players can unlock this weapon whether they are on the iconic web-slinger suit or not.
Spider-Man outfits can be unlocked during the Chapter 3 Season 1 Battle Pass alongside Ronin, Harlowe, Lt. John Llama, and more. The Legendary, leader of The Seven, will also make an appearance in Fortnite during the season.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Map
Fortnite’s island for the current season is also evidently a nod to the Marvel web-slinging hero. One of the largest Spider-Man references on the map is the inclusion of the Daily Bugle office building, where we often see the hero swinging around. The Seven’s “Sanctuary” is also in the area, recognizable by the towering rock statue of The Foundation.
On top of lifting inspiration from comic book franchises, Fortnite has also added environmental upgrades over its Chapter 2 maps. Half of the map is wintry, while warmer weather can be caught in the east and south. Weather conditions are now harsher with the inclusion of rainstorms, lightning, and tornadoes, which will challenge the way you play.
New Fortnite Weapons
A handful of fresh weapons have also been added to the island with Fortnite Chapter 3. While it’s likely that you already have a favorite Fortnite gun that you eye for in every takeoff, it’s still worth trying these additions:
- Ranger Assault Riffle: A forceful medium-range assault rifle that can also be used at long ranges.
- MK-7 Assault Riffle: A medium to long-range assault rifle with high fire and aimed sight.
- Striker Pump Shotgun: A weapon with high burst damage but low fire rate.
- Auto Shotgun: A fully-automatic shotgun with lower burst damage than Striker Pump, but higher fire rate and reload speed.
- Sidearm Pistol: It provides high headshot damage at close range viable at medium range.
- Stinger SMG: It deals high damage to both opponents and structures at medium range.
- Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper: A long-range weapon with high burst damage, and deals three shots per clip.
Aside from weapons, Epic Games have also scattered out tents throughout the island for a fun way of camping. Squads can set these tents up for healing and stashing items for later matches.
Here are the full notes from Fortnite.