Have you ever encountered a TikTok video that was so fun or helpful that you just wanted to save it? Thankfully, there is a way to download TikTok videos – either your own or someone else’s. What’s more, numerous methods allow you to save them without the watermark. By default, TikTok has no option that allows users to download videos without a watermark, but there are several tricks you can try. Here’s all you must understand about how to save TikTok videos without a watermark.
TikTok’s Community Guidelines are very strict about copyright and intellectual property. You cannot post or share any TikTok video that might violate others’ copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property. Hence, you cannot share someone’s videos and make them appear like they are your original content.
Inside This Article
- What to Do Before You Save TikTok Videos
- How to Save Your Videos from TikTok
- How to Save TikTok Videos Made by Others
- How to Save TikTok Videos Without Watermark
Maybe you’ve already learned how to reverse videos on TikTok and want to create more engaging content. These could be posts that involve your current videos, posts taken from an Instagram downloader, and other original media files. Regardless of what you want to create, if it’s something that requires downloading a TikTok video, you’ll need some preparation.
Firstly, what you’ll need is to ensure your phone has enough storage to save more media files. Photos, GIFs, videos, and other media files eat up a lot of storage, after all. Hence, you’ll want to backup your photos to iCloud or Google Photos beforehand. Afterward, you can browse through your gallery or camera roll and delete unnecessary files you no longer want to keep.
Before we learn how to save TikTok without watermark logos, let’s first understand how you can save regular TikTok videos. How do you download a TikTok video? Let’s get into the step-by-step process of how to save TikTok videos. Just follow the instructions given below:
- Launch TikTok.
- Hit the Me button at the lower end of the screen.
- Look for the TikTok video you want to save and tap it.
- View more options by tapping on the three-horizontal-dots icon at the lower right.
- Choose Save video and Done.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to repeat this process for every video you want to save since TikTok doesn’t allow you to automatically save the videos you post. Hence, we recommend saving the TikTok videos you want to keep immediately after posting them.
Perhaps you want to learn how to save TikTok videos without watermark because you’ve found someone else’s video entertaining. However, before you can proceed, you’ll first have to learn how to save other people’s videos on the app. Here’s what you must do to accomplish this:
- Launch TikTok.
- Find the TikTok video you have to download.
- Tap the share (right arrow) icon at the lower right.
- Choose Save video.
- Note: if the Save video option is absent, then the user doesn’t permit others to download their TikTok videos.
Afterward, the video should be readily accessible in your camera roll or gallery. However, note that by default, saved TikTok videos will have a watermark on them. Hence, you’ll have to check out the next section to learn how to save TikTok videos without watermark logos.
The watermark is one way the app prevents others from violating copyright policies. If you plan to remove the watermark, we recommend giving full credit to the original poster in a different way.
How can you get rid of the TikTok watermark on an iPhone? One effective way to do this is by downloading the TikTok video as a Live Photo. You can convert it to a video later on. This will retain the watermark but it will be much smaller and easier to crop out.
- Launch TikTok.
- Open the TikTok you want to download (either yours or someone else’s).
- Choose the share (right arrow) icon at the lower-right.
- Scroll to the right side of the second row in the share sheet and choose Live Photo.
- Launch the Photos app.
- Go to the Live Photo you just downloaded.
- Tap on the share button at the lower left.
- Scroll until you see Save as Video and then tap on it.
Note that the option to save TikTok videos as a Live Photo isn’t always there. That’s because some users disable this option in their settings to protect their content from malicious users.
Moreover, not every iPhone supports Live Photos so it will depend on your phone’s model. Lastly, this method can lower the quality of TikTok videos because of the multiple conversions that happen.
Another great method to save TikTok without watermark logos is by using a dedicated app. There are numerous apps you can use on both Android and iOS. For this example, we’ll be using TikSave, a reliable iOS app that can do the job easily. Android users can use the app SaveTok instead. To use these, just follow the steps below:
- Launch TikTok and look for the video you want to download.
- Tap on the share (right arrow) icon at the lower right.
- Scroll sideways until you find the Copy link option, then tap on it.
- Launch the TikSave or SaveTok and paste the TikTok video link as instructed.
- Choose the video that you saved from TikTok.
- Select Share Vide0 and Save Video.
Note that the TikSave app is free only for three days. Afterward, you’ll have to pay $4.99 weekly to use the app. If you don’t like the app’s terms, SaveTok is also available on iOS. Meanwhile, Android users can opt for alternatives like Video Downloader for TikTok.
If you don’t want to install a TikTok downloader, you can save TikTok videos without watermarking online. All you need to do is access services like SnapTik or SSSTik. In this example, we’ll use SnapTik to help you download the video. Here’s how:
- Launch TikTok and copy the link to the video you want to save.
- Go to the online TikTok video downloader of your choice.
- Paste the link into the textbox.
- Hit Download.
Afterward, you should find the video on your device. It’s a great way to save TikTok without watermarking logos and without having to use editing tools.
Granted, it’s not easy to remove TikTok watermarks, but there are tons of tools available that can help you remove watermarks from any video. These will certainly be useful if you want to edit out the watermark without tampering with the aspect ratio.
The tool we’ll be using for this guide is HitPaw, an online video editor available on Mac and Windows. You can use it to edit and erase video watermarks, but it will take a bit of tinkering. Nonetheless, if you’re willing to edit the video yourself, here’s what you must do:
- Download the TikTok video whose watermark you want to remove.
- Open HitPaw’s editing page.
- Hit Choose File.
- Look for the file you need and upload it to the site.
- Adjust the violet overlay to cover the watermark.
- Wait for the online editor to finish.
- Save the video on your device.
This is a great method for saving TikTok without watermark logos. It’s fairly simple and gives you more control over the process in case you dislike the output of dedicated apps. However, it will require more effort compared to dedicated apps.
If you don’t mind reducing the aspect ratio of the video you saved, we recommend cropping the watermark out. This is a more seamless way how to save TikTok without watermark logos as it doesn’t hamper the quality. Hence, you won’t see any blurs or pixels that dedicated apps usually use to edit out watermarks.
For this, we recommend using free video cutters on your mobile device. There are several choices on both iOS and Android. However, for this guide, we’ll be using VideoProc as it is widely available. To proceed, just follow these instructions:
- Copy the link of the TikTok video you want to save without a watermark.
- Launch VideoProc on your desktop and choose Downloader on the home screen.
- Choose “+Video” and paste the TikTok URL.
- Select Download selected video.
- Choose the destination folder for the cropped TikTok video.
- Hit the Download Now button.
- Go back to VideoProc’s home page.
- Select Video and drag the file to the interface
- Choose MP4 for the file format.
- Click on Crop and then Enable Crop.
- Drag to resize the video’s aspect ratio manually to crop out the logo.
Learning how to save TikTok without watermark logos is a pretty easy thing to do. All you usually need is a dedicated app, an eraser tool, or a cropping tool. However, do note that some of these tools will come with caveats. For example, some may compromise the quality of the resolution while others have too many ads. Moreover, removing the watermark may also violate the app’s community guidelines, depending on what you do with the file. Hence, we recommend always using caution when doing this and giving credit to the original owner.