Are you a fashion enthusiast? Or better yet, are you one of those who are into selling and reselling high-end men’s clothing? If you are, then you’ve probably come across Grailed. It is one of the most popular reselling platforms tailored for men’s style and fashion. There are a lot of these platforms available in the online community to date. However, Grailed makes a strong image among others as it provides a unique collection of curated fashion.
In this article, we’ll show you everything you need to know about the Grailed app. In addition, we’ll also explain the pros and cons of using the app and also reveal some of its known market competitors.
What is Grailed?
Grailed is a peer-to-peer community marketplace that sets trends in online shopping. It’s very much popular among people who are engaged in high-end, vintage or new, and international streetwear brands and want to acquire them at lower prices. Aside from selling, it also allows for purchasing of these high-end items. However, it caters only to men’s fashion and accessories.
There are endless possibilities in Grailed. It lets fashion-conscious men fill their closets with high-quality and stylish items. The app also provides editorial and special projects that contain upcoming trends and drops, giving ideas to its users and guides them on their fashion style along the way. Moreover, it allows them to experiment with new looks and try other known designers.
Aside from that, men can recycle their pieces. If they have a designer piece and decide to try something new, they can just resell the piece for a fair price so others can also try them.
What Does The Grailed App Offer?
The Grailed app offers a wide range of premium fashion clothing and accessories for men at affordable prices. It also offers a wide range of vintage pieces from different brands such as Palace, Helmut Lang, Number (N)ine, Stüssy, and Puma. There are also premium items from brands like Comme Des Garçons, Gucci, and BAPE. The app also offers designs by Saint Lauren Paris, Maison Margiela, Acne Studios, Raf Simmons, Supreme, Undercover, and Visvim. Some of the trending brands in Grailed include Adidas, Nike, Rick Owens, Vetements, Billionaire Boys Club, Palm Angels, and Enfants Riches Déprimés.
Four Categories of Grailed Items
Grailed has four categories depending on your preferences. These are the Grails, Hype, Sartorial, and the Core.
- Grails – This is for high-demand and valuable items.
- Hype – This is for the highly anticipated drops and streetwear releases.
- Sartorial – This is for premium classic men’s wear, varying from clothing to footwear.
- Core – This is for popular, vintage clothes, and mass-market brands.
Downloading the Grailed App And Signing Up
The Grailed app is available to download on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
How to Create an Account for the Grailed App
After downloading the Grailed app, you can now create your personal account by following these instructions:
- Tap on the Continue with Google in order to use your Google account or the Continue with Facebook to use your Facebook account.
- On the other hand, you can also tap on the Sign Up/Sign In tab if you want to use another account.
- Enter your email and create your password.
- Tap on the Sign Up/Sign In tab, then tap Yes to create your account.
- You will then see the confirmation on your registered email.
- Tap on the Activate your Account tab on your e-mail.
- You can add a profile picture or an avatar of yourself if you want to personalize your profile.
Grailed Payment System
Grailed processes all transactions only through PayPal’s new payment system, the Paypal for Marketplaces. The company uses this system to ensure security for the sellers. Moreover, it helps provide a seamless checkout experience for buyers.
How To Buy Items Using The Grailed App?
How To Look For Items?
Before you buy anything, you need to look for the items that might interest you. On the Grailed app, there are different ways on how you can easily look for the items.
You can find this on top of the Grailed app interface. You can also type in a specific designer or brand.
When you launch the app, click on the Shop the Feed tab. After that, tap on the Filter tab at the bottom. You can then filter the Market, Designer, Price Condition, Sort, or Seller Location and then click on Apply Filter tab to narrow down your search. Your chosen filters will only be the ones that will be shown to you.
On the Grailed app interface, you will see different ways of how you can shop. You can tap on Shop by Category, Shop by Style, Shop Latest Trends, Popular Designers, Featured Collections, Staff Picks, or Deals: Under $75. Click on any of them and discover a lot of premium items that might suit your preferences.
How to Pay?
After looking for your preferred items via searching on the listings and product page, you can now proceed to purchase the items. However, just to be sure of the items that you are going to purchase are legit, you can also message the seller directly. You can ask all the questions about the product, and if you are satisfied enough, you can now buy the product. Note that it is required for you to have a Grailed account in order to buy and/or sell.
When you are done with product browsing and have already selected the items that you fancy, click on the item. After clicking, you will see the product description, size, condition, and color. You will also see the name of the seller. Afterward, tap on the Purchase tab. Tapping it means that you are interested in the item and you are willing to pay for the price listed along with it.
After tapping the Purchase tab, you will be prompted to sign in, and you will be directed to a shipping form. Remember that you have to fill the form properly. To complete the process, your PayPal account details will be needed.
This is the second option when you want to buy the product. When you tap on the Make Offer tab, you can enter the amount that you want to pay for the product. You need to select your country for additional shipping costs. The total offer that the seller will receive is the sum of your offer plus the shipping cost.
You have to remember that you can’t make an offer that is 60% below the listing price, for it will not be accepted. If the seller accepts your offer, you’ll have a whole day to successfully pay and accomplish the transaction.
How to Buy Safely
One of the primary concerns of online buyers nowadays is how to ensure if they are dealing with an authentic seller. This is because unsafe and fraudulent transactions are very much rampant. For you to have a safe transaction, follow these steps:
- Make purchases only using the Grailed app or direct to the Grailed website. However, you have to sign in with your Grailed account to be eligible for Buyer Protection.
- After clicking on the desired item, you will see the name of the seller. Check all the important information before pushing through. Also, you can check how many items the seller had sold the item. If he had sold a lot, review all the ratings of the customers.
- A message to the seller won’t hurt as well. Besides, you can always ask anything about the item.
- Request the seller to send you the full tracking information so that you are able to track your items in real-time without any hitch.
How to Get a Refund
If you are not satisfied with the items you received, you can ask for a refund. You can apply for your refund from any items purchased in Grailed through PayPal since you are covered with the PayPal Buyer Protection Program. This is the main reason why you have to log in to your Grailed account upon purchase.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Go to the Resolution Center section.
- Select the Report a Problem option
- Click the transaction on which you want to make a refund.
- Proceed to the Resolution Center section once again.
- Select the “I Have a Problem With an Item I Purchased” option.
- Click on the Continue button.
- State if you received the item or not.
- Provide all the details about the purchased item.
- Enter the amount that you want to refund.
- After that, PayPal will open a dispute between you and the seller.
- The refund will also be done exclusively through PayPal.
Remember that refunds are only valid if the transaction was completed before 90 days. You will be eligible for the Buyers Protection Program if you did not receive the items or the correct one.
How To Sell on The Grailed App?
- Launch your Grailed app and log in to your account.
- Click on the Sell button.
- Upload at least three photos of the items that you want to sell. You must have excellent photos to catch the buyer’s attention. To improve your photos, utilize a good camera, good lighting, and a simple background. Also, you should take photos of your items from different angles.
- Make sure that every detail is captured in the photo including the label, material quality, and the defects if there are any. You can also add your name to the photo so the buyers will know that the item is yours.
- Select a market where your listings will fit. You can choose among the categories stated earlier.
- Add a designer or multiple designers for collab items. This will help your items to be more searchable in the marketplace.
- Add the size of your items and create an accurate description. You can say something about the product. Moreover, you can add the color, materials used, measurements, condition or flaws, retail price, and shipping policy, and time frame of shipping.
- Also, you can include in the description the season release date and the brand theme of the collection where the items were included.
- Put a reasonable price for your items and choose your preferred currency.
Shipping Your Items
If you’re selling an item, you have to update your PayPal account to make sure that you will receive your payment. Also, you need to update your listing with its tracking number. Keep the shipping invoice given to you by your courier. This is for you to have proof if something unexpected happens. If you are an international seller, instruct your courier to ask for the buyer’s signature.
With that, you’ll have proof that the buyer receives the item, and you can use it for future references. You can also ask them for their contact details. Furthermore, asking for feedback will be of great help to your business. Use your buyer’s feedback as a reference to improve your selling strategy.
Fees Charged by Grailed
Grailed incurs a commission of 6% on all items sold. There are additional PayPal fees of 2.9% + 30 cents for domestic shipping and 4.4% + 30 cents for international shipping. With that, the total fees that Grailed usually charges range from 9% to 11% of the total sale price. The fees are based on the location of the buyer’s PayPal billing address.
Is the Grailed App Legit and Safe?
The Grailed app is legit and safe to use. As all the curators are checking the authenticity of all the products to be sold on Grailed, buyers can rest assured that they can get what they deserve. Moreover, all the transactions done on Grailed are protected through PayPal’s Buyer and Seller Protection Program.
In addition to that, Grailed requires all the purchased items are shipped with tracking information for additional protection. Also, Grailed has a Zero-Tolerance Policy with anyone who lists items that are counterfeit. If proven, those sellers will have their accounts frozen by Grailed.
Pros and Cons of Using The Grailed App
- Clean design and simple functionality
- Offers second-hand designer outfits
- Provides a wide range of high-end items
- Features fashion trends and tips
- Buyer and Seller Protection policy
- Provides feedback about the seller as well as the ratings
- Helps discover new designs and brands
- Unsupportive customer service
- Marketplace for high-end menswear only
Grailed App Competitors
This online marketplace primarily caters to buying and selling of limited edition, hyped sneakers. It also deals with streetwear, collectibles, Funkos, trading cards, watches, and handbags. StockX provides a high-end experience to both sellers and buyers at a fair market value. It makes sure that every product for resale on the platform is authentic.
The GOAT App
The name of this platform stands for “Greatest Of All Time.” It refers to all the popular athletes who are great and known in their respective field. GOAT has an amazing feature, allowing users to go up close and personal with their preferred items. Also, it offers sneakers, apparel, and accessories from the world’s well-known designers. Moreover, it also verifies the authenticity of the products sold on the platform.
Depop is one of the most successful establishments in the fashion resale industry. It allows people to buy and sell vintage clothing, as well as hard to find items. Additionally, it combines features from Instagram and eBay, letting buyers and sellers interact with each other. If you are into vintage items, Depop is the right place for you.
Kixify is an ideal marketplace for avid shoe collectors who are always seeking the most unique and hard to find sneakers. With Kixify, owning rare and authentic sneakers is easier than ever.
Try Out Grailed Today!
There are a lot of products available on the online marketplace today. Many of these products catch our attention and make us feel like we want them. However, we can’t always be sure that the products being offered on these marketplaces are authentic.
With Grailed, buyers can be sure that the products they purchase online are all legit. Also, they are eligible for buyer protection as long, as they purchased using their Grailed and PayPal accounts. They need not worry if they encounter problems with the products as they can always get a refund anytime.
Overall, Grailed is an ideal place for all high-end men’s wear. Surely, it will always have happy and satisfied customers as all the products on the platform are authentic and made by well-known designers.